Ae92 Brake Upgrade

Calam05

Members dont see this ad

undo the metal hard line(be careful not to round the nut on the hard line) from the existing rubber hose, remove the metal clip that holds the rubber line to the strut.

post-1204-1249786539_thumb.jpg

and the reverse to put back together, use new crush washers and bleed the brakes :lolcry:

if i've missed anything, someone will add the extra info :P

Edited by MYSTIK

also you will have to get some new bushes made up to fit the new brakes, its only on one joint. everything else botls up perfectly.

pacemaker plastics in morabbin did mine for like $60. if youre in melbs.

not if you get the most rear trailing arms with the brake package then there no need :lolcry:

good luck with the brake conversion Calam05 :P

oh did you get the m/c to suit? not a huge necessity but could come in handy later down the track, if you want to upgrade the rears again to the larger ae101 setup :)

na i didnt grab the master. its the girl friends car and I'm only doing it cos i hate the brakes on it and want it to pull up a bit better.

ill have to wait untill tomorrow to do it cos atm ive got an assignment due this arvo that hasn't been started. haha. thx guys.

how do i connect the female part from the disc brake line to the female part of the current set up? cos the drum brakes metal line screwed into the rubber line, but the new line can't screw into it. i think I'm missing a step :lolcry:

do i need to get a new hose made up? or is there a piece of the seca brake line i missed??

Edited by Calam05

did you get the rubber brake lines with the rear calipers?

ill have a look in the morning @ both rear brake setups on my corollas and try to make a determination @ what you missing as its been awhile since i have had a wheel off of either car (read: about 8 months, the last time i check the brake pads)

Edited by MYSTIK

how the brakes are connected on the rear of my cs hatch :rolls:

brakes001.jpg

brakes002.jpg

brakes003.jpg

and heres a link to the technical drawing for the FXGT disc brakes(the sx/gti Use the same setup)

FXGT Brakes Tech Drawing

hopefully that helps a bit more

Edit: I forgot that with the rear drum brakes that there is a rubber brake hose between 2 hard lines :P you need to disguard this piece of the hard line as it is no longer needed and you connect the rubber brake line from the hard line that finishes @ the chassis rail as seen in the picture above of the setup on my hatch. I didnt realise this at the time of my first post as my cs hatch also has sx/gti struts front and rear so it also doesnt have the bracket on the strut that the lower spec corolla with rear drums have. Plus i will apologise for potentially misleading you Calam05 :yes:

Edited by MYSTIK

rear drum brakes that there is a rubber brake hose between 2 hard lines you need to disguard this piece of the hard line as it is no longer needed and you connect the rubber brake line from the hard line that finishes @ the chassis rail

thx for the advice man. thats the bit of info i needed :P can't wait to get into this tomorrow!!!

ahhhh, all went well today, except.... wasted lots of time with small tools trying to undo tough bolts, ended up having to leg press them loose (150kg+ of force at em) handbrake cables were a bit annoying and i got grotty as, but was good to get done. found her rear drums caliper was leaky too, so a bonus there.

tested them out tonight, seems similar untill u really push them hard. they really perform better under a bigger braking load.

recommended to all!!