Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ae92 Drivers Seat Repair Or Replace

Featured Replies

Hey guys,

 

So I sat on my seat a bit hard a while ago and the stuff that supports it at the bottom ripped.

I took the seat out yesterday to have a look. The (previously) supporting material is this mesh stuff with rubber.. hard to explain and probably irrelevant.

Anyway I thought I'd try and stitch it up with some strong thread, which I painstakingly did, but driving around today I noticed my back hurting and the chair feeling a bit soft so I looked under and its coming apart, so that was fail.

I could get something that would hold me up, thick material straps or chickenwire (as I saw mentioned in another thread) or something, but I need somewhere on the seat to attach it.

Anyone done something like this or should I just get another seat?

If the latter, has any1 in Syd got any seats lying about they wanna sell fairly cheaply or knows a place I can get one?

 

Thanks,

Adam.

Contact adhesive is usually used to glue foam together...

 

I havent looked inside an ae92 for a while but I'm pretty sure the seats are the same shape on the drivers side and the passenger side? Provided it is a common trick is to score yourself a passenger seat from the wreckers and swap the foam to your drivers seat.

Ideally you will need a trimmer to do it but if your keen you can use good cable ties to secure the listings when you put the cover back on (you will see what I mean when you pull the covers off, its a wire in a long loop of material that holds shape in the seat, it will be held by large metal clips called hog rings), this way you will have a good seat as it will have been used far less... just check it first!

 

Also, if there is any protruding frame work cover it in a heavy duty cloth or the like before putting the foam on the frame, this will help stop the same thing happening again.

 

Its a pretty simple job, provided the seats are the same side to side. Its something I do at work a fair bit to rental car seats.

 

If you were in melb I would give you a hand, but if you get stuck let another trimmer at it, wont cost very much at all..

 

Jarrad

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.