4age Head / Gearbox

tbo92

Members dont see this ad
by strengthened you mean what exactly?

oh and yes the gearboxes are interchangeable between all A-series motors

Thanks for the reply, and when i had the gearbox rebuilt - gearbox guy said "i will get stronger gears then the standard ones"

i assume.. that means stronger? :D (lol)

cheers.

Thanks for the reply, and when i had the gearbox rebuilt - gearbox guy said "i will get stronger gears then the standard ones"

i assume.. that means stronger? :party: (lol)

cheers.

No problems :D

the box is probably no stronger than a fresh box off of the factory floor, it all depends on what was replaced and what wasnt

Edited by MYSTIK

The 4age gearbox has bigger bearings than the gearbox with a 4afe engine. The gears in your box may be stronger, but the bearings will not be as strong as a twincam box. As for a 4age head on 4afe bottom end, yes it can be done, but a 4afe bottom end is not designed to live with 7500 rpm revs, and if you aren't going to rev it out, why bother?

The 4age gearbox has bigger bearings than the gearbox with a 4afe engine. The gears in your box may be stronger, but the bearings will not be as strong as a twincam box. As for a 4age head on 4afe bottom end, yes it can be done, but a 4afe bottom end is not designed to live with 7500 rpm revs, and if you aren't going to rev it out, why bother?

4AGEs and C52s can be had cheap-enough these days that doing hybrids or rebuilding gearboxes is next to useless - a waste of both time and money.