Another 22re Into Ke70

Thudurt

greetings all. i have a stock 82 ke70 with a buggered g'box. sad. i also have a 22re with happy g'box. i am aiming the 22re at the ke70. i would greatly appreciate any info from anyone who has done this before. your out there, i've seen photos. any info, stats & figures, advice etc on the 22re would be received with a smile. thanks.

Members dont see this ad
greetings all. i have a stock 82 ke70 with a buggered g'box. sad. i also have a 22re with happy g'box. i am aiming the 22re at the ke70. i would greatly appreciate any info from anyone who has done this before. your out there, i've seen photos. any info, stats & figures, advice etc on the 22re would be received with a smile. thanks.

I'm pretty sure you have to modify the engine mounts to make the motor sit lower as it sits too high and the bonnet wont close but not sure what else.

hope that helps,

cheers, brad

I'm pretty sure you have to modify the engine mounts to make the motor sit lower as it sits too high and the bonnet wont close but not sure what else.

hope that helps,

cheers, brad

thanks brad. I think i should explain what i am looking for a bit better. i am no stranger to engine swaps or autoblasphemies in general. Details i seek, pics or diagrams of a finished or in progress conversion would be great, starting with those engine mounts. (they look like little skyscrapers!) E.F.I. is a strange animal to me, how do i wire it in and power the brain box? this is my first non carb motor. i have a fuel pump from a v.l. commdoor and got some high pressure lines. what else will i need? can i throw the 2 piece drive shaft and slide in a full length? or is the centre bearing somehow needed? any sheet metal work to be done? or is the trans tunnel and everything else suitably out of the way? will i have to modify or swap out the oil sump? any other possible dramas? my previous rides were 1970's metal mountains, HQ's are a different language to ke70's.

i'm new at this blog thing, hope this works.

Its not commonly done, and therefore you would have to do alot of stuff yourself

...Seems to be contender for "Understatment of the year". found only two examples, can't seem to get in touch with the builders :D . doing the work is not an issue, got some experience in the field. 186 in hilux, later a 202, then fixed a mates dodgy 253 v8 fit in 720 datto. most else i've done is generally straight forward blasphemy and better not mentioned here. (almost put a 360 AMG from Rambler in a Crown, couldn't find a suitable Crown at the time.) I can do the work myself, sorting probs as i go, would rather sort the probs BEFORE i go. hence the thread. Have been researching as much as i can but can't find stats and figures for "anything" r "whatever"! seems noone cares for them. Are these engines really hated so? met a bloke who has one (22re) in a T.E. gemini, low 14 sec pass any day of the week, factory spec with a manual g'box! I reckon they can't be all bad.

Any info of any sort for a later model (1986) 22RE would be welcome, cheers.