here ya go:

Turbo Kit: Snort stage 2

- Stage 4 turbo manifold

- SP GTP88 internal wategate turbocharger

- 3 inch S/Steel dump pipe

- S/Steel oil feed line

- S/Steel oil drain line

- Front mount cooler 600X300X76

- Custom 3 inch S/Steel cooler piping and intake.

Engine: ED Tickford

- JP Performance vernier cam timing gear

- Crow XR6 valve springs

- Custom 3 inch S/Steel exhaust

- AU MLS head gasket.

Cooling system:

- EF thermo fans.

Driveline:

- Clutch Xtreme kit KFD26001XHD.

Suspension/brakes:

- Koni Reds front & rear

- XR6 springs

- NL V8 Rear sway bar.

ECU/Fuel:

- Bosch 023

- Turbosmart FPR800 adjustable 1:1 Rising reg

- EL ECU

- Haltech E6X

- J3 chip.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

has been a while since my last update,

while it was on the rollers it was spiting off power steer belts, so I decided to do a serpentine belt conversion, ended up getting a new Dayco XH belt tentioner for $130, also grabed a new water pump and harmonic.

pic's:

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

I also fitted the koni rear shocks, then the diff control arms fitted with all new bushes, and finally the slotted rotors and pads.

IMG_5336.jpg

IMG_5338.jpg

IMG_5339.jpg

I then did some work on the front end, slotted rotors, new pads, tie rod ends, lower control arms with new bushes, front radious arm bushes, and upper and lower ball joints.

she's like a new beast..

well you've certainly thrown some money at it thats for sure, just a question mate have you done the el-ed diff conversion???

A mate of mine did it to his ed because the ef/l's have 28 spline axles or something, i didn't listen much i just buy ef's which already have them :D

• 2 weeks later...

well you've certainly thrown some money at it thats for sure, just a question mate have you done the el-ed diff conversion???

A mate of mine did it to his ed because the ef/l's have 28 spline axles or something, i didn't listen much i just buy ef's which already have them :D

nah mate still has the ED unit in there, but if it breaks, I have an EF opt20 with one in it..

Did you notice any more road noise with the super pro trailing arm bushes ?

havent driven it much so I havent realy noticed any difference

oh, I also had it retuned since and it pulled 252Kw at the treads..

EPSON002.jpg

Edited by 4wdwgn

another couple of questions mate.... How easy was installing the J3 chip????,

i'm looking at using the J3 on the ef for my manual conversion if i can't find a manual computer, also have you had anyone not able to tune it?, i'm too scared to ask these questions on the boosted thread incase i get flamed and raped from senior users calling me a noob lol hahahaha

another couple of questions mate.... How easy was installing the J3 chip????,

i'm looking at using the J3 on the ef for my manual conversion if i can't find a manual computer, also have you had anyone not able to tune it?, i'm too scared to ask these questions on the boosted thread incase i get flamed and raped from senior users calling me a noob lol hahahaha

j3 just plugs in to the bottom of the ECU, you can also purchase the chip with I6 manuel MAPs already installed, reguarding tuners, the guy i took mine to, didnt know about them but was able to work it out quite easily.

the webtite you purchase the j3 chip from and any other Q's you may have can be forund here:

http://www.tiperformance.com.au/index.php

Have you considered the ls1 coil pack conversion? Very neat build mate, a new computer could really show some insane numbers.

LS1 coils may happen but thats a long way off, I want to get the car resprayed and engine rebuilt before upgrading the ECU.

Edited by 4wdwgn