December 9, 200916 yr comment_396685 Oh, I assume he meant the plug caps but good point. Thats why I thought I'd double check. A new bosch cap is under $10 anyway. Or if you were a KP61.net member you could buy a clear one and button for USD$25 + postage. :) Edited December 9, 200916 yr by Taz_Rx Report
December 9, 200916 yr Author comment_396698 So does it come with one of them or do i have to get one separate? (obviously wont come with a clear one but just a standard one) Edited December 9, 200916 yr by tylerrice Report
December 9, 200916 yr comment_396701 No the lead kit won't come with a rotor button and cap. You'll have to get them seperately, but $15 should get you both from any parts shop. :) Report
December 9, 200916 yr Author comment_396702 ok thats easy done, i just got a new button and point Report
December 9, 200916 yr comment_396703 ok thats easy done, i just got a new button and point Yeah should have said to get new points too, but you're onto that. All this sort of stuff I normally buy from SCA. Remember a couple of years ago I bought: Rotor cap Rotor Button New points New plugs Bosch super sport lead set Fuel filter and a spray can of degreaser All for like $39.50. My mate and I lol'd quite hard as apart from the coil, we just rebuilt the whole ignition system for under $40!!! :) Report
December 9, 200916 yr Author comment_396739 ok picked up the wires today put them on the stock cap so just subtracted the old wires and added the new, wouldn't star just has a half assed effort at turning over. so decided to replace the wires with the old ones and tried starting and it done the same thing, thought on give it a little gas and a big cloud of white smoke/steam cam out of what looked like the coil??? what have i stuffed up now :).. thanks guys. Report
December 9, 200916 yr Author comment_396770 ROFL all fixed had the wires in the wrong order... had it 1432 not 1342... idiot :) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now