Car Valuation On A '79 Ke55

Palmy

hey, I'm not sure if i've put this in the right place or not... feel free to move it if I'm wrong.

i have a 1979 ke55 sedan. i've put alot of work into it and am now considering moving onto another project

-has a custom green paintjob, was done around 2 months ago and car hasnt left shed once since its been done. inside boot is painted matte black. cost of $1k

-all rust has been cut out, new plate welded in, fibreglassed then bogged etc. car was rust prevented with fish oil, inside doors and boot lid etc etc.

-is on 15" skyline chasers with BRAND NEW diamond back tyres. cost of $700 all up

-full chrome ke30 bumpers

-new H4 headlights, re-positioned side indicators, like vx commodores with those indicators aswell.

-specometer tacho

-ke70 5 speed gearbox

-engine had new head gasket, new gaskets thru carby, new water pump, new drive belt, new manifold gaskets, valves re-tapped, new air,oil and fuel filter and coolant. all this done a little while ago but car hasnt even driven 10km since then. most of its life with me has been in a shed.

here is the link to my project thread, hasnt been updated in a long time tho...

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=16336

would be great if anyone could help me out! cheers

Members dont see this ad

I had my KE30 insured for $4k with all of the above, (ground up restore) custom interior, sound system and a worked up 5K.

The redbook value on a stock KE30/55 is about $1600, so without paying full comp agreed value.....you'll only be looking at $1600.

Edited by kangaroosa