4k Efi Injectors And Computer.

no dice

hi all.

i currently have a 5k with ported head and a mild cam with a 4k efi setup. and its using a fair amount of fuel and wont idle below 2000 rpm. i have been told by a mechanic that it could be the injectors causing the fuel economy problem and i have also been told by an auto elec that its could be the ecu. as far as i know (from talking to the previous owner) its running stock injectors and stock ecu, and was imported. Previous owner never had a problem with fuel economy, but the car sat for a couple years before i bought it.

research tells me that the injectors and ecu are a must upgrade parts.

my questions to you are: does running stock ecu and injectors = using too much fuel?

which injectors which will fit? i think injectors from a 4age will fit? and if i could source some i was thinking the dark greys with 182 cc/min and 2.0impedance. what other injectors will fit?

and finally what would be suitable ecu?

clearly i know bugger all about efi and would greatly appreciate your help

thanks

Members dont see this ad

does it have a idle speed motor? i reckon the high idle would be normal on a worked motor why you might ask?

15.L (sucking more CC of air/fuel at idle ecu doesn't know its has 200cc more capacity)

better cam (more air)

or possibly a vacuum leak

also is your coolant sensor connect to the ecu?

i reckon you just need to get it tuned for the 5k?

Edited by Evan G

Evan G- thanks for the speedy reply and advice! I'm not sure if it has an idle speed motor? or if the coolant sensor is connected. the last owner said it idled fine at 800rpm but that was before it sat around not being driven, that was why i asked.. ill definetly check out the hoses and what not for a vacuum leak, that didnt even occur to me. yeah tuning it to the 5k is also probably a good idea!

baggus- that does help thanks, and no i don't have any spare efi parts sorry