Ke20 Brake Master Cylinder

cush

Members dont see this ad
There's 2 different sizes in GA-GD Gallant items, so you can also tune your pedal feel.

Hi mate, the GA-GD Gallant M Cylinders.......... I take it they are twin circuit but are they a straight bolt up and the outlets do they allow for twin side drafts? Cheers Paul.

One of my Gems had brake issues for ages. I had a few people look at it, both said it was the master... But I was convinced it wasn't. My problem was that the pedal would go almost to the floor on the first pump, but on the second pump it'd be hard as stone and wouldn't sink, no matter how long you held it. Within seconds of letting go, you're back to having to pump. Now from what I understand, in most cases a dud master won't hold pressure..

Anyway, so I bowed to professional opinion and replaced my master.. It got MUCH worse, the new master WAS a dud lol.. So I had my existing issue, plus the pedal wouldn't hold the pressure properly once pumped. Turned out it was a stupid simple issue of freeplay in the pivots for the rear shoes, so despite them being correctly adjusted, it took a stack of pumping to gain pressure.

Yours sounds nothing like that, but I tend to ramble. I'm still suspicious of a leaky line, cracked hoses, perhaps the seals in the front calipers, or bad fluid/air bubbles... Or general overheating of those tiny brakes (how are the front pads, and are the disks within spec, not that that should cause this sort of thing). I'm doubting it's master but you never know.

the ones for $99 are brand new, but someone from work had one and it only lasted just under 12 months. Also this is a bit off topic but what would be a good master cylinder to use if I am using jap ae86 front brakes on my ke20?