Shim Under Bucket Conversion?

condog

Hey all

I'm in the process of building a 4agte, and wanna run 315 cams with big 10-11mm lift and need to find an under bucket conversion?

Just missed out on a TRD kit and I can't find anywhere else to source them? Any one know of any other places to look?

Much appreciated

Connor

Members dont see this ad

Look on toymods, theres heaps of info on there on how to do shim under bucket conversions.

You can use buckets from other Toyota engines, I *think* the 1NZFE engine is what I'm thinking of.

These are solid from memory, ie just a bucket, not bucket and shim, and you can get them direct from Toyota

Edit: Toda sells a kit too.

Edited by KENut

Yo, remember you need the valve spring retainers too, so that there's a recess to hold the shim centralised under the bucket.

BTW, just wondering your logic running huge duration cams on a turbo engine? You talked to an experienced engine builder about this yet? If it's a purpose built drag engine with a dry sump, 7000rpm stall converter, antilag, a 12K rpm rev limit and a lifetime measured in hours, I'd say go for it. But if street driven it will be a dog off a thing off the line and loose heaps of boost due to the valve overlap. Many people end up with titanium springs, retainers and buckets to reduce the reciprocating mass in the head and open up a few more ponies by allowing higher rpm.

Don't get me wrong, your build sounds very cool, and I like people who push the limits. Just remember the only real difference between a rocket engine and a hand grenade is the size of the explosion and the strength of the casing.

Edited by beerhead