Blue Smoke..

Teddy

Hey All

Today dad and i descided to move the cars around, to make some more space - we had to move my blue corolla ke70, its been started up now and then, and was moved about 2 M a week or so ago.

When it was moved today, it had be driven back and fowards many times to make sure it was positioned corectly - during that time (i had warmed the motor up for 3 mins b4 it was moved) i notused blue smoke was comein out, it wasnt excatly what u call bad, but it was notusiable. WHen i got the car i didnt notus any blue smoke, the service records for the last 2 years don't say anthing about it, and the previous owner looked after it like it was her child. So I'm assuming its because its been sitting for so long...

Is this correct? i know blue smoke = rings going = oil etc... but..i don't think its in that condition - could any 1 shed some light?

Cheers

Teddy

Members dont see this ad

Dodgey stem seals will also do it. Not so much a problem with later heads, mainly earlies with the crap o-ring seals, none the less, can happen. What happens is oil leaks past the seals in the head, down the valve and out the exhaust. Had one of my race heads do this.

R