Wiring Dilemna ('ol 4age -> Ae71)

Victim

Greetings all!

My good friend Brent and I have been attacking the wiring for my JDM 16V bigport 4A-GE conversion into my AE71, but have encountered a problem.

As a side note, i'm running a Microtech e420c ECU and silvertop quads, if it makes a difference.

I basically need to know which wire connects up to what. As shown in the picture here, the wires on the left are from the hall sensor from the ECU and the wires on the right are off the distributor. Would anybody happen to know which letters / wires connect up to what? I.e. A -> G, B -> F etc.

If i've cocked this question up, apologies. Wiring is a mythical world to me.

Thanks so much to anybody that can help! You'll be putting me so much closer to being back on the road. :happy:

37402049.jpg

• 2 months later...
Members dont see this ad

I assume you mean adaptronic ECU, not microtech. BTW, hall effect means a 5V pulse, all 4AGE dizzy's are a reluctance type sensor.

Now if you want to save fuel and get a few extra HP you need to mod the Dizzy to allow for full sequential injection, either that or buy a 100kw dizzy or a GZE cas for the correct signals.

You can setup the adaptronic to run batch fire, but it's 2010, so try and get the most out of the 25 year old motor.

You grind off 3 out of 4 of the 4 prong wheel in the dizzy. Set the crank at 10 deg BTDC, looking to make sure you can see the notch in the top of the cam when you look through the oil filler. Insert the dizzy so that the remaining tooth lines up on the magneto pickup at that height. That's the home trigger wheel.

The other 24 tooth wheel is the speed signal that is used to detect the angle the motor is at.

Adaptronic are adaptable by name and nature, if you wire up the ground correct and the other two signals to the other 2 triggers it's just a matter of configuring the ecu to know what signal is coming in on each channel.

LOL just saw the date on this post, hope you've sorted it by now.