September 11, 201313 yr Author comment_666711 cusco coil overs is the ride firm , i have them in my rolla and the rears need softer spring rates The Cusco coilovers were horrible. The ride was way too soft. Probably because they were old and worn, but the fact they didn't have adjustable damper and featured an older design to adjust ride height (the lower you went the less shock travel you had) certainly wouldn't have helped their cause. I removed them and installed BC Gold coilovers instead. Been happy ever since :cool: Gawd I love the noise in that video! *clicks replay* Haha thanks man. I've hit that replay button a fair few times myself too :D I added another rare optional extra to my collection today when I happened to come across an OEM factory option rubber moulded trunk organizer. I've seen this shown in the sales brochures but this is the first one I've ever seen in real-life. It is shaped perfectly for the sedan's trunk and has 3 separate partitions to ensure items don't slide around during transit, plus since it's made of rubber it's a breeze to clean :) Report
September 11, 201313 yr comment_666722 It's beautiful! I always wanted one for my Aurion... but never got around to getting one. Report
September 20, 201313 yr comment_667466 where did you get 240k speed o from , are you from manurewa south Auckland. i grew up there. your rolla looks cool. Report
September 20, 201313 yr Author comment_667468 where did you get 240k speed o from , are you from manurewa south Auckland. i grew up there. your rolla looks cool. I got the 240kph speedo from a locally produced model, NZDM I guess you could say, lol. Yeah that's exactly where I'm from. How'd you guess the exact location? :ninja: :laff:. Thanks for the compliment man :cool: Report
September 21, 201313 yr Author comment_667516 It's been a while since I've taken a photo of my car so here's a random shot I took today: Report
September 23, 201313 yr Author comment_667632 I completed my brake set-up today by installing some braided brake lines. They're made by a company in Australia called Safebrake and are a direct replacement for the factory rubber brake lines. I originally ordered a set of Goodridge braided lines from the US but when they arrived they were for the rear drum brake model, and unfortunately Goodridge don't cater to models outside of the US so there was no rear disc brake version available. After a bit of research I found these Safebrake lines and got them sent over last week. The quality is superb and they meet/exceed all the necessary legal requirements. During my test drive after the install I noticed that the brakes were much more responsive when I stepped on the pedal. There's no lag or hesitation when braking any more, so I feel as though I can brake later and more aggressively if needs be. Definitely an improvement over the rubber brake lines, and one more thing to get added to my certification plate in the near future :) Report
September 23, 201313 yr comment_667645 I got the 240kph speedo from a locally produced model, NZDM I guess you could say, lol. Yeah that's exactly where I'm from. How'd you guess the exact location? :ninja: :laff:. Thanks for the compliment man :cool: i seen you tube video recognized takanini straight. southern motorway overpass. Report
September 23, 201313 yr Author comment_667648 i seen you tube video recognized takanini straight. southern motorway overpass. Ohh, haha, good spotting :) Report
September 27, 201313 yr comment_667922 with the 275mm rotor upgrade you used st202 caliper bracket holder where there any mods to make fit or is just a bolt on job. what are the part numbers for the 275mm rotors. Report
September 28, 201313 yr Author comment_667936 with the 275mm rotor upgrade you used st202 caliper bracket holder where there any mods to make fit or is just a bolt on job. what are the part numbers for the 275mm rotors. Yep, I used the Celica ST202 (3S-GE version) carrier brackets which bolted perfectly to the AE101 twinpot calipers. I had to grind a little bit of metal away from the inside of the carrier brackets so that it didn't catch on the rotors but it didn't take much. It was essentially a bolt-on mod. The part number for the 275mm rotors is 43512-12411. That's the AE111 55mm centre hole type. You can't use the AE101 type as for some reason they have a 54mm centre hole (whereas all other AE101's have a 55mm centre hole). Here's some pics: Report
October 13, 201312 yr Author comment_669221 I added another item to my TRD collection this weekend by installing a TRD quick shifter. It was specifically designed to fit the AE101 series 5-speed Corollas and was discontinued quite a while ago, but thankfully I managed to get my hands on one last week. The installation was relatively straight forward as it's a direct replacement for the factory shift lever, and I was finally able to use the OEM leather shift boot I've had sitting here for a while which came on the 6-speed models, as previously it would pop right out of the console every time I changed into 2nd, 4th or reverse as the factory throw was too long. Gear changes are now much quicker due to the reduced throw and the actual feel of the shifter is a lot better. Previously it would "slop" into gear, but now you can actually feel the gears engage. Admittedly it takes a little bit more effort to change gears but in my opinion it makes shifting feel more satisfying. The actual height of the lever is about the same as stock and it compliments the TRD leather shift knob I've been rocking for a while :) Report
November 27, 201312 yr Author comment_672612 A couple of small updates on the sedan - I fitted this a roof spoiler and a larger ducktail spoiler a couple of days ago. They're both quite subtle enhancements but seems to work well with the rest of the lip kit: Report
December 2, 201312 yr comment_672909 i really enjoy pics in that thread. Keep them flowing mate. Very very nice car. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now