My 93' Corolla From New Zealand

Kiwi-Corolla

Members dont see this ad
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few small updates from the past few days:

* I had the timing belt, water pump + rear hose, VVT pulley, tensioner, idler pulley and both drive belts replaced on Friday. The timing belt had been done in the past but when I got the engine there was nothing more than a faint outline of where the sticker used to be on the cam cover, so rather than lose sleep at night I decided to get it replaced and did the VVT pulley at the same time (no more rattly diesel noise at idle!). It was a pretty pricey exercise but for the peace of mind alone it was definitely worth it.

* On Friday I fitted some 'TWINCAM 20' stickers that arrived from Australia. After putting them on I immediately regretted not putting them up a little bit higher, so being as fussy as I am, I ordered some more and will have another crack at it once they arrive. All in all I definitely like the look though.

* Last but not least, today I installed a Pivot Speed Meter. This little device gets hooked up to the ECU's speed signal to remove the factory speed limiter and digitally displays your current speed, with the ability to measure the G-force under acceleration/deceleration and your 1/4 mile time.

IMG_7666-resized1.jpg

IMG_7662-resized.jpg

IMG_7657-resized1.jpg

IMG_7638-resized.jpg

IMG_7645-resized.jpg

This is prob one the best looking Corolla's world wide. I keep checking this thread for updates. It never leaves me hanging that's for sure. I applaud the work you have put into this,

Brownie

Thanks a lot mate. It's one thing to build this car to a standard that I'm happy with, but it's another thing to hear that others can appreciate the time and effort that has gone into it aswell, so I'd like to thank you for your comment as it does mean a lot. This build has been difference since day 1, and the continued support from guys like you is invaluable :happy: