My 93' Corolla From New Zealand

Kiwi-Corolla

Your car is 18 years old.....can't believe it! Looks new, overrated, awesome. Love your work mate!

Thank you mate. It has been well looked after over the last 18 years, particularly over the 3-years I've owned it, so it's not all dinged up and dented like a lot of the other ones out there. It's hard to believe that she's 18 sometimes, particularly with the new front end (headlights and bumper). Could swear it looked 10 years younger after those two mods :D

I took some new interior photos today as the last shots I took were back in February, and a few things have changed since then:

IMG_2136-resized-2nd.jpg

IMG_2200-resized.jpg

IMG_2093-resized.jpg

IMG_2197-resized.jpg

IMG_2157-resized.jpg

Edited by Kiwi-Corolla

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Found out yesterday that my Corolla has made 'Showoff of the Week' on CarDomain this week, which was very cool to hear :D

Here's the link: http://www.cardomain.com/sotw

In other news, my spare roof-mounted Air Purifier arrived from the Philippines today. I bought it just for the plastic filter cover because the one I have currently installed was missing that piece. Planning on keeping the rest of the unit for spare parts in case I ever need it. Here's some pics of my air purifier now 100% complete:

IMG_2473-resized.jpg

IMG_2471-resized.jpg

IMG_2477-resized.jpg

IMG_2482-resized.jpg

My OEM optional extra 'Burger Tray' arrived from overseas this morning. Took me ages to find one in plum to match the rest of my interior plastic. They're hard to find at the best of times, but getting one that was plum in colour was a mission. Got there in the end though :). Here's some photos - The first one being from the original sales brochure and the rest of the actual item:

dashstorage-2.jpg

IMG_2568-resized.jpg

IMG_2571-resized.jpg

IMG_2570-resized.jpg

IMG_2560-resized.jpg

IMG_2559-resized.jpg

IMG_2537-resized.jpg

040820115292-resized.jpg

040820115290-resized.jpg

040820115289-resized.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

No other Corolla the same model as this could pull it off like you did. The age is just a number as the condition is absolutely perfect :y: The accessories are fantastic. I am into all the genuine accessories for my cars too but yours got me excited. And air purifier, burger holder :huh: love it, and especially that front bar which looks really good and veleuor interior. This has certainly earned the JDM look and is the great example of this vintage :y:

Where there sports model wheels available when this was produced?

• 1 month later...

No other Corolla the same model as this could pull it off like you did. The age is just a number as the condition is absolutely perfect :y: The accessories are fantastic. I am into all the genuine accessories for my cars too but yours got me excited. And air purifier, burger holder :huh: love it, and especially that front bar which looks really good and veleuor interior. This has certainly earned the JDM look and is the great example of this vintage :y:

Where there sports model wheels available when this was produced?

Thanks! That's a huge compliment! :happy:. It's nice to meet a fellow member who is into genuine accessories/optional extras. Sports wheels were available on the GT models. The extremely rare TRD2000 model also had sports wheels, but finding those these days would be like finding a needle in a haystack, literally, as only 12 TRD2000 models were ever produced.

Here's another rare optional extra that I installed recently - An optional extra Clean Box:

IMG_3355-resized-1.jpg

IMG_3356-resized.jpg

IMG_3358-resized.jpg

IMG_3357-resized-1.jpg

And here's some of the latest photos I've taken:

IMG_3473_4_5-resized1.jpg

IMG_3485_6_7-2nd-resized1.jpg

IMG_3503_4_5-resized.jpg

IMG_3493-resized.jpg

IMG_3912_3_4-resized.jpg

IMG_3894_5_6-resized.jpg

IMG_3921_2_3-resized-3.jpg

IMG_3924_5_6-resized-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

man your photography skills are amazing!

Thanks mate. Much appreciated. It's nice to be able to combine two of my passions :happy:

My latest addition - A rare OEM (optional extra) under-seat tray. It has a bracket which gets mounted underneath the passenger's seat (screw holes were already there) and allows you to store various items, such as tools, a first aid kit, map books, hand wipes, cleaning cloths etc. It could also come in useful if you're wanting to hide your GPS, radar detector, stereo face-plate etc when leaving the vehicle unoccupied. First one I've ever come across and I got it for a steal . Was hard to take photos of it, but here it is:

IMG_4074-resized.jpg

IMG_4076-resized.jpg

IMG_4064-resized.jpg

IMG_4093-resized.jpg

IMG_4103-resized.jpg

IMG_4134-resized.jpg

Also, I fitted some personalised plates today. Would love to know what people's interpretation of the word "whipped" means, so feel free to post your comments below :D

IMG_4253-2-resized.jpg

IMG_4251-resized.jpg

this car has you wrapped around its little finger.

every factory option it wants you give it :P

LOL, that's the best interpretation I've heard so far! You deserve a prize for that one :laff:. The actual meaning I was going for was whipped as in whipped cream (since the car is white), but your one sounds much better! :happy:

looks good ,ive just transplanted 4age 20v bt into ae101 rolla ,put on jap style lights like your one ,found ae102x model got all the door trims, now have power windows ,my one one was a csi base model aussie spec (load of crap) i like the fx front bumper are these hard to source in NZ, and are there many of your spec corollas over there I'm ex kiwi living in melbourne now really like aus but don't have the cool cars like nz, also own jzx100.