4age Ke70

xmoht

Hullo! So I want to put a 16 valve 4AGE into my KE70. I don't want super heavy duty this and that, mostly standard stuff. So I was thinking that I will get the 4AGE, use AE71 engine mounts, engine x member, gear box x member, T50 gear box, AE71 tailshaft, pedal box. I find myself thinking, 'Then why did you get a KE70 if it's just going to be an AE71?". Particularly so as mine is a 1984 with slanty front, which I want to change aswell.

My question is (basically seeking some justification in my actions here), is it worth seeking out these individual AE71 components? Had I have bought an AE71 I may have had to replace a few parts anyway. Or should I just go the whole hog and purchase more performance oriented components? May seem a bit open ended, but a bit of wisdom from the higher powers would be much appreciated!

(Don't get me wrong, I love my KE70 and aren't looking for an excuse to pawn it off and buy an AE71)

EDIT: Something like an AE92 or AE82 also uses 4a series engines. Would the mounts and such off these vehicles also work for me KE70? Or just the mounts but the x members wouldn't fit?

Edited by xmoht

Members dont see this ad

the ae71 would be much easyer to start with because as you say you don't have the change as manny parts. but 71s are rather expencive and getting hard to find.

i don't think i a ae82 or 92 stuff would work. considering the engine is transvisly mounted the crossmember would be far differnet. they also don't have a transmition as such so a transaxle mount would be useless

Edited by bucky

Getting the ae71 parts shouldn't be too hard. I've don't the conversion on a fairly low budget and the parts aren't that hard to source up. AJPS or buddy parts should be able to help.

You just need the ae71 xmember, tailshaft, clutch master cylinder and pedal box if you can find one although I used a modified 86 one but I think a t18 one fits without too much hassle. Also you will need an 86 or ae71 radiator. I used the standard fuel lines with a vl fuel pump. They supply plenty of fuel and are dirt cheap. I'd reccomend running a surge tank aswell and just use a vl pump for a lift pump aswell. I think i used an 86 gearbox xmember tho. Can't remember. Lol.

If there's anything else you need help with let me know and I may b able to help :-)