D4NNYC

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just change the suspension, and possibly 3t/2tg hybrid engine later if money allows. but for now I'm just going to get a cam regrind, twin carbs and an exhaust.

ohh yeah sounds good.. are you lowering it? and if you are how much by?

why don't you get a set of decent cams for it?

what carbs are you getting?

i've got a 4A-FC, i had a 2inch exaust fitted from the resonator back with a good quality Zetti cannon. Sounds like a RubarU. The exaust on a Seca 1.6 is 2 inches from the flange to the resonator and 1 1/2 inches from the resonator to the tip, which is poo.

I kept the standard manifold. I gave the exuast ports a grind and polish and did the manifold to suit. It now breaths a lot better at the top end. Considering these motors were manufactured with a mere 76 kilowasps its almost trivial spending any real money on them.

I payed $270 for the cannon, $130 to have the exuast and cannon fitted and $10.50 for the flange rings when pulled the manifold off.

Edited by mirage1172

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys i have a few questions about an exhaust on a Ae92 corolla with a 4A-FC engine. Firstly what would be the power increase with extractors and a full exhaust system?

Secondly what does a 4A-FC sound like with a fairly loud exhaust system?

Cheers!!

Danny

i have a Holden Nova AE92 4Afc . i recently got a full exhuast system (extractors, High flow cat, 2 inch sports performance with sports performance muffler on the end.. i notice a lot more power, a nice raw when in idol and sounds alot nicer at 100Ks. and has porbly doubled my car in fuel econ .. if u ask me money well spent $500

Edited by AE92Nova