Exhaust On A Ae92 4a-fc

D4NNYC

hey guys i have a few questions about an exhaust on a Ae92 corolla with a 4A-FC engine. Firstly what would be the power increase with extractors and a full exhaust system?

Secondly what does a 4A-FC sound like with a fairly loud exhaust system?

Cheers!!

Danny

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm well i got a custom 2.5 inch exhaust system done on my AE92 csi as mentioned in other posted, when i got it done i noticed an increase in power and improvement in fuel economy. Its not a loud system, its fairly subtle, but all my friends are jealous of it cause they drive crappy Ford BA falcons and they got exhausts that sound CRAP compared to mine, when i drive into undercover car parks they love it hahaha!

Hmm well i got a custom 2.5 inch exhaust system done on my AE92 csi as mentioned in other posted, when i got it done i noticed an increase in power and improvement in fuel economy. Its not a loud system, its fairly subtle, but all my friends are jealous of it cause they drive crappy Ford BA falcons and they got exhausts that sound CRAP compared to mine, when i drive into undercover car parks they love it hahaha!

ok kool.. so did you just choose to get a fairly quiet one? is it a sports system? haha sounds like you know a few bogans :bash:

yeah I'm sure it would sound pretty sick when you put your foot down and you hear it ecko when your in the car park.. how is it when you like floor it outside?

Edited by D4NNYC

ok kool.. so did you just choose to get a fairly quiet one? is it a sports system? haha sounds like you know a few bogans :bash:

yeah I'm sure it would sound pretty sick when you put your foot down and you hear it ecko when your in the car park.. how is it when you like floor it outside?

I put a exhaust on my 4AF-C and it is LOUD! I noticed a little increase in power. Sounds nice when it idles and sounds good when your given'er, but it is very loud.

I put a exhaust on my 4AF-C and it is LOUD! I noticed a little increase in power. Sounds nice when it idles and sounds good when your given'er, but it is very loud.

thats good to hear then haha, will be getting mine soon with extractors.. do you have extractors on yours?

Yeah i picked a quite one cause i didnt want it to over the top. but to tell u the truth I'm quite happy i did it, because on idle its quiet, rumbles, then when u rev it, even in neutral it sounds like its got guts. I hate it when you hear small cars and they put canons on them and crap and they sound like the engine has no go. Mine sounds like its got power. Yeah i work at a shopping centre so when i leave at night and its empty i always plant it :yes: Even outside its very nice, i was driving through melbourne CBD the other night and i was stuck in traffic, and i was getting quite a few people looking at my car, especially when i took off. When its in 3rd gear, thats the gear of love hahaha :) I drove through the tunnels in melbourne today and gave it a bit of a rev, its been 2 years and i still love it :)

The only thing i would say that is recently i put castrol magnatec oil in it, and its gotten quieter :D and it did the same when i put iridium plugs in it. I WANT IT BACK LOUDER! hahaha

Yeah their all bogans :D my car is 10 years younger and all theirs have had way more problems than mine haha.

If i can work it out il put a video on youtube later and show you.

Yeah i picked a quite one cause i didnt want it to over the top. but to tell u the truth I'm quite happy i did it, because on idle its quiet, rumbles, then when u rev it, even in neutral it sounds like its got guts. I hate it when you hear small cars and they put canons on them and crap and they sound like the engine has no go. Mine sounds like its got power. Yeah i work at a shopping centre so when i leave at night and its empty i always plant it :wink: Even outside its very nice, i was driving through melbourne CBD the other night and i was stuck in traffic, and i was getting quite a few people looking at my car, especially when i took off. When its in 3rd gear, thats the gear of love hahaha :( I drove through the tunnels in melbourne today and gave it a bit of a rev, its been 2 years and i still love it :P

The only thing i would say that is recently i put castrol magnatec oil in it, and its gotten quieter :( and it did the same when i put iridium plugs in it. I WANT IT BACK LOUDER! hahaha

Yeah their all bogans :P my car is 10 years younger and all theirs have had way more problems than mine haha.

If i can work it out il put a video on youtube later and show you.

yeah fair enough its however you want to have it aye. yeah thats sweet bout the shopping centre can't wait to do that myself haha.

The oil has most likely made it quieter cause there is less effort to turn the engine cause the oil is thinner.

haha yeah i know quite a few bogans down here haha,, all love their commys and shit (tell you the truth don't ever think of buying a holden, i work for the company as a apprentice machanic and they are SHIT)

ok kool bro.. juss send me a link when you have it up

haha yeah i know quite a few bogans down here haha,, all love their commys and shit (tell you the truth don't ever think of buying a holden, i work for the company as a apprentice machanic and they are SHIT)

LOL take it from a slightly older more experienced mechanic, it doesn't matter what company you work for, they all have their good and bad points.... you can't generalize and say "all of this brand of car is SHIT" because they aren't. All manufacturers will do things differently to each other and have their own style and way of thinking, its not always good, but its definitely not always bad....

Toyota has good and bad things..... think of A series engine oil consumption because of the design of the pistons and oil rings.... starter motor location on a 1vd-ftv.... why on earth do you undo the engine mount from below in an sv21r camry with a 3s-fe? why did they put a tiny little 3k and 4k into a corolla in Australia when a 2t-c or 2t-g was fitted overseas? I could think of heaps of things... the point is, Toyota certainly isn't shit, despite any shortcomings.... we all love Toyotas, which is why we happened to be here lol.

You get to appreciate and like what you work on after a while when you get used to it. I've had a go at quite a few different makes and models of cars to work on and once you get your head around them they are all good.

IMHO you should buy a good set of extractors and either ceramic coat them or heat wrap them, and get a 2" exhaust system made with good quality performance mufflers that are not too loud. If you get the exhaust system right, you will get an increase in power and economy, without getting defects.... unfortunately this is a very very easy thing to get wrong, if you go too big, you lose gas speed. high gas speed gives you greater scavenging, which is greater efficiency. You are aiming for greater efficiency to achieve an increase in power and greater economy. Basically you want as little back pressure as possible, with as high of a rate of flow as possible, minus the noise.

Robert.

LOL take it from a slightly older more experienced mechanic, it doesn't matter what company you work for, they all have their good and bad points.... you can't generalize and say "all of this brand of car is SHIT" because they aren't. All manufacturers will do things differently to each other and have their own style and way of thinking, its not always good, but its definitely not always bad....

Toyota has good and bad things..... think of A series engine oil consumption because of the design of the pistons and oil rings.... starter motor location on a 1vd-ftv.... why on earth do you undo the engine mount from below in an sv21r camry with a 3s-fe? why did they put a tiny little 3k and 4k into a corolla in Australia when a 2t-c or 2t-g was fitted overseas? I could think of heaps of things... the point is, Toyota certainly isn't shit, despite any shortcomings.... we all love Toyotas, which is why we happened to be here lol.

You get to appreciate and like what you work on after a while when you get used to it. I've had a go at quite a few different makes and models of cars to work on and once you get your head around them they are all good.

IMHO you should buy a good set of extractors and either ceramic coat them or heat wrap them, and get a 2" exhaust system made with good quality performance mufflers that are not too loud. If you get the exhaust system right, you will get an increase in power and economy, without getting defects.... unfortunately this is a very very easy thing to get wrong, if you go too big, you lose gas speed. high gas speed gives you greater scavenging, which is greater efficiency. You are aiming for greater efficiency to achieve an increase in power and greater economy. Basically you want as little back pressure as possible, with as high of a rate of flow as possible, minus the noise.

Robert.

yeah thats true but working on them every day for the same reasons is juss.. idk how to say it lol.. the other mechanics around really don't like holdens either and i guess i have gotten the attitude from them haha. but like you said all car companies have their pros and cons and toyota has the bad problem for being too eco friendly and using far too much emmision gear on their engines which is restricting the possible output of power by a fair percentage. but the thing i hate is that these bogans here believe that holdens are made in australia, when they are not.. majority of parts are made in korea and china.. and holden lies to the public with false advertising.. look at the new "SIDI" for example.. the enigne is supposidly made in australia, if this is the case why is the engine have "SAAB" written on it??

yeah thats true about the exhaust on the car, will have to wait and see how much i can get them for from the exhaust shop over here.

yeah thats true but working on them every day for the same reasons is juss.. idk how to say it lol.. the other mechanics around really don't like holdens either and i guess i have gotten the attitude from them haha. but like you said all car companies have their pros and cons and toyota has the bad problem for being too eco friendly and using far too much emmision gear on their engines which is restricting the possible output of power by a fair percentage. but the thing i hate is that these bogans here believe that holdens are made in australia, when they are not.. majority of parts are made in korea and china.. and holden lies to the public with false advertising.. look at the new "SIDI" for example.. the enigne is supposidly made in australia, if this is the case why is the engine have "SAAB" written on it??

Umm, Commodores ARE made/assembled in Australia, with a mix of local and imported parts, and that has never been disputed. As for the engine, show me a photo with a Commo engine with a SAAB badge on it - either way it is irrevelant because the Holden engine plant in Australia makes the High Feature V6 (HFV6, of which the SIDI is the most recent version) for many of GM's global engine customers, including SAAB and Alfa, so you've got it the wrong way around pal - SAABs have a HoldenGM engine in them, made in Australia. And on top of that, neither the 3.0 or the 3.6 Commodore variants of the HFV6 come out in new SAABs, only the 2.8 turbo.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

haven't seen a saab badge on a commodore engine yet..... which engine do you think it was?

"Holden" vehicles can be made in a variety of places.... if the vin starts with 6g1 it is made in australia, if it is "kl3" it is made in korea, if it is "mmm" its japanese, "w0l" is germany, "5gt" is american.... not hard to tell if you do your homework...

Oh, what do we think about the south african zze122r corolla? "jtd" is japanese "aht" is south african....

Robert.

on my 4afc ive got 1 and 3/4 in and a shorter resignator and sports muffler at the rear and it sounds good not overly loud noticeable performance increase and doesn't sound shit like a cannon. I'm just about to cut open the cat and gut it and put a piece of exhaust pipe in there so I can do key bangers lol.