Going From 1 - 3 Plug Alternator Terminal???

hey guys. got new alternator for my ke55 4k and the alternator that i got has the main B+ plus the plug that has 3 terminals. my old alternator plug only had one terminal. can i use this alternator or do i have to get the 1 terminal alternator

i have tried a couple of ways of wiring it up but it either has the light on or not charging.

please help as ive tried googling it but no diagrams for this style alt. the terminals say N E and F.

the best i can get it is light staying on and charging at 11.97V but car wigging out and losing power.

any help appreciated!!!

Members dont see this ad

The single terminal alternator has an internal regulator.

The three pin one you have fitted is an external regulator type alternator. To use it you will need to find, or buy the regulator to suit said alternator and have it wired up properly.

You would be better off sticking with the bosch alternator that was on it and having it repaired.

The single terminal alternator has an internal regulator.

The three pin one you have fitted is an external regulator type alternator. To use it you will need to find, or buy the regulator to suit said alternator and have it wired up properly.

You would be better off sticking with the bosch alternator that was on it and having it repaired.

yeah prob is i don't have the origonal alternator any more. can you sent me in the right direction for finding one?