Dans Speedway Beast - Pics Added

Dan

Righto, i plan to keep everyone updated on the build of the beast. Will post pics soon...

Plan

The KE55 coupe will be stripped out speedway style (just a ignition circuit remaining), will run 3k with 5 spd (4th and 5th grs removed). Painted flat black. Rollcage, relocated battery and radiator (into 'cockpit').

*more pics added of new car*

Edited by sidewayz1

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, this is the KE20 ex-racer that my old man picked up for me. Its pretty buggered, but its got the cage, seat, harness, fuel tank, locked 4:3 and the millions of other little bits and pieces that save me a shitload of dough. The car hadn't been raced since 2000, and has been sitting out in the weather since then, but luckily the seat and harness hadn't been damaged...

Heres a pic of when we got it...

post-54-1130239634.jpg

Edited by sidewayz1

• 1 month later...

Nice... Note the pipes that lead from where the radiator is supposed to go (mounted on cage behind where the passengers seat would be) and the spear-plate above my head (in case of rollover where something pierces the roof)... Its a real beast eh.

The cage will be painted red unless someone can convince me to paint it different...

post-54-1130240043.jpg

Yeah, the rollcage is in overrated condition, apart from the surface rust, but i'll assure you that its only surface rust.

The welds are all still intact. I'm gunna spend a bit of time on it with a wire brush and sandpaper, i'll have it looking good (for a speedway cage). Its 42mm, but its not like i'm going to be #1 racer versing a whole lot of blokes that have been racing for years... i'm only doing it for fun (and racing :D).

But yeah....

add me on msn if you've got it... [email protected]