Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5k Engine Rebuilder

Featured Replies

I'm buying a 5K next week with a weber, extractors & 2" exhaust. I have a cam from a 4K I'll put in.

 

I'm thinking about pulling it apart, rebuilding it and getting the internals balanced, port and polish and shaved head and flywheel before I put it in the car.

 

Is there someone good in Brisbane to talk to about getting this done?

Edited by flamingheads

Any engine builder in brisbane can help you bud,

  • Author

No worries. I just thought there might be someone who had some experience dealing with K engines or even just carbs.

I called someone when I put my last engine in who didn't know anything about 2Ts and said you can't lighten stock flywheels.

If you want somebody who plays with just carby's talk to i think the business is called all carbs and ignition in woolongabba, they were the bomb shizzle according to my old work mate who grew up with the old school cool cars, and yeah he reckons they're the shit, i have been there once and he knows what he is talking about, and when i went there he even does exchange carby's and stuff to i think! :)

  • 2 weeks later...

okayyy number one you can't use your cam unless you convert to solid lifters, as a 4k cam is suited to solid lifters, your 5k is a hydraulic lifter motor.

 

i have heard good things about frawley engine reconditioning who are in clontarf, red dwarf from memory said they did a good job on his rally motor... Havent used them myself however.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Yeah I found a couple of reasons not to just swap cams. Once the engine is in and running I think I'll take it to someone and see what they would do to it and how much they would do it for and all that and go from there.

Thanks for the help.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.