For Sale Perth

Ratty

Ok, well if you're going to convert it to a ute, you'll need to give it some serious bracing. Losing the roof will take away from a lot of the structural strength, you'll find the car will get alot more flimsy. I learned that with the KE20 that I just cut up. It will look awesome though if you go through with it.

If you are planning on dragging it, you'll most probably find that Motorplex will not allow you to race it open top without a cage, nor will they encourage you to race it with bodgy bracing.

But if you want to go ahead with it, I say that you would have to do the following;

- cut it behind the front doors with enough room to create sufficient recline for the buckets

- cross brace the shit out of the back half from side to side, probably three to six braces would do (someone that knows their shit would probably be able to tell you this better)

- then cover it all up, sealing the interior and back section, so the scrutineers at the Motorplex won't give you any shit for the work you've done

But other than that, its a bitchin' idea, and it can be done. You could probably remove a whole lot of weight from the car like that. I think that you would have to make the interior look reasonably stock though.

If you're wanting to run a quicker time, I think that your going to want a bit of a longer ratio diff for the speed. I think the wagon you've got runs a 4:5 ratio, you'd probably want a 4:1 (again, someone who knows their shit will be able to tell you this). Even better, try running twice and see which one is best.

I've got a 4:1 diff, and I'd like your 4:5!!! :(

You'll also stuggle for grip with the stock granny spec tyres you'll have. Dunno what to do there, perhaps some fourby tyres will give you some grip, but I doubt that they'd be that good for grip.

But, seriously, you've got a wicked idea there. Perhaps after a while you could ditch the 4k and drop in a 253 or 308, or maybe even a 250 Xflow. But just remember, Motorplex will try to rip you off as much as possible. You've gotta pay entry ($16) for the pits, the $40 to race, $10 for something real shit to eat, and I think you've gotta pay for your bays in the pits...

Anyway, keep me updated... what year wagon was it?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks champ thats a shit load of hope but i gotta tell ya, me and my mates are sum of the best rolla mechanics around when it comes to doing things dodgi if u get my drift?

we take as many short cuts as we can and save as much money as posible with the ute we don't need to worri bout money because so many of us are pitching in ( 8 guys all up )

we wernt really inteated in makin it fast nor safe its only to thrash around the workshop streets in balcatta and hopfully run a 23 second quatermile, i know a 5k with no wait on the back will do burnouts like there going out of fashion, so really the cars only for burnouts looks and fun

your dead set about rippn into the wallet at kwinana

how many people going down next week our juniors gonna be racing conte 6 the cars red (will be tomorow hopefully if it gets painted) come past and have a yarn

• 4 weeks later...

there is a ke25 coupe with a 3lturbo gt3 motor in the quokka for sale its been in there for a while they want $5000 for it so you can understand why, it souds good though its a 5 speed celica gear box. has any one seen it or owns it?

the ute idea is still in the process we need a new clutch the previous got fried we have the metal and we are tryn to draw up some plans that involve a well body tray and a pool in the back for rev heads next year. and ma cousins coupe is up for grabs if there is any byers 800 with a 4k good paint, lowered, exhaust, past pits recently.

did anyone go to rev heads? it was awesome.

i brought a burnout car 1969 hb torana its awesome ill post some piks soon

summernats should be spot on hey, but its a bit of a hike,

nah the hb isnt in that great condition although if i took all the cobwebs and drive train off it, theres not much rust or dents a rolling shell missing half the firewall, you recon a colector would take that and restor it?

i think we mite be taking this hb for granted there was only ever 16000 made 37 years ago australia wide... id say this is one of the very last, especially in western australia, and i havnt seen any at car shows. I'm part of the western australian combined torana car club and no one else has one...

it does a hell of a mean skid though :D

Dunno whether a collector would restore it, but if its a rust free body they'd probably want some of the parts of it??? Not sure really...

What does it run now?

You keep on coming into some bloody good deals eh man, let us know if you pass up on any Corollas, or a ZC/ZD Fairlane...

Cheers,

Dan.

i aint sure about what it runs now but were expectn like a min 14 to low 14, it needs a clean up and a good hard rev, oil change and other fluids plus a radiator so yeah its going to be good fun,

theres another good car ive found i went and took a look its a ford ute, old with no rust, no paint job, and no tray, but its got a vn motor in it and ways nothing. $800 it needs some eletrical work, very powerful motor.

ill give you the guys number if you want he lives in bassendeen north of the river about 5 minutes from morley, I'm not sure what ute it was but it was old and had no tray and definetly wasnt a f100 shell or bigger so i guess the only other ute ford makes is the courier, like i said its got no paint job but he is willing to sell some orange paint. it had the numberplates GET UTED. not a bad bye if you can get it fixed mechanically

• 1 month later...

I have two corollas sitting in my backyard that I need to sell quick, whole or as parts.

A Lisenced KE35 Coupe with rust freshly removed and bogged, needs paint, no engine, manual 4 spd, otherwise complete. will sell complete $500 or will seperate parts

A unregistered ke30 sedan, rusted out, good for parts only

G/box-$40

Engine $100

Have all other parts and will seperate at reasonable prices. Will try and post pics this week.

(Obviously in Perth)