Corolla Cs-x Alloy Restoration Query

ecoimpact

Members dont see this ad
don't know the costs, but Wheelz (?) in Ballarat do a good job at restoring wheels. They are in Howitt Street by the way.

alright thanks man. I'm just curious as I am wanting to sell them and would be nice to pass on the information onto potential buyers.

Jesse

If rims are bent or chipped you're looking at about 100 bucks per rim to straighten them.

Gutter rash would be similar.

How much do you expect to get for these rims? I would say that you will easily spend twice to three times more repairing them than anyone will pay to buy them. EDIT oops, just noticed that you're not repairing, you just want to be able to tell buyers.

Edited by philbey

Hey Jess,

The CS-X alloys arent worth very much at all. The average price for these wheels is under $150.00 with or with out tread. If I was to buy them, I'd strip them back myself with various grades of wet and dry paper to remove clear coat and corrosion, before washing them down and giving them a few lashings of metal polish I.E Autosol or American Eagle. Then the buffing can be done by hand preferably as there are intricate areas and dished surfaces which would inhibit a normal size buffing pad from contacting.

Then lastly, recoat the surface with a proper wheel lacquer. Prior to this remove the centre caps and clean them up with steel wool and polish before replacing.

Its tedious but the result is worth while :dance:

Hey Jess,

The CS-X alloys arent worth very much at all. The average price for these wheels is under $150.00 with or with out tread. If I was to buy them, I'd strip them back myself with various grades of wet and dry paper to remove clear coat and corrosion, before washing them down and giving them a few lashings of metal polish I.E Autosol or American Eagle. Then the buffing can be done by hand preferably as there are intricate areas and dished surfaces which would inhibit a normal size buffing pad from contacting.

Then lastly, recoat the surface with a proper wheel lacquer. Prior to this remove the centre caps and clean them up with steel wool and polish before replacing.

Its tedious but the result is worth while :P

Thanks for that The overrated KE70....I think I'll be too short on time to do so myself, but its good to know the process to pass onto prospective buyer. PM you about brochure too.

Philbey - With the price you mentioned to get repaired professionally, I think I'll have to reconsider the rims value 'in the mind of a prospective buyer', possibly add them into the sale of another item.

I know more about HZ holden stuff/values. These are my mean GTS reconditioned mags sitting in front of the wheel, 500 odd bucks just to buy 4, surprisingly the condition is one of the best I've ever seen of a rim, no scratches/pits, good respray....one day I might put them on lol

Thanks for your comments.

EDIT: I was a car detailer for an auction house and just a word of warning engine degreaser (red is really strong, yellow not so strong) will strip the clear coat off the wheels and also make the clear coat go white, don't use it!!!!!....suppose the previous owner of my rolla alloys tried to clean them this way.

Edited by ecoimpact