August 16, 201016 yr comment_459766 G'day gents and ladies I managed to pick up two 32/36 webers and I'm rebuilding them, but anyways first of all..they have butterflies that open as secondries when you really nail her, ok..does anyone have any idea about a bracket or a design setup so both butterflies open at the same time. Second, I need some sort of jetting info, they came off a 2ltr cortina but it's goin onto my worked 3k, I'm not sure what's done to it but it's got a decent sized cam and a 4k head, (apparent forged pistons but doubt it) anywho..some kinda idea for jets would be good also, does anyone know if the throttle cable is the right length, I have to modify it anyway to connect it but will probs be easier knowing incase I have to get a longer one. Any info would be helpfull cheers! It's a ke30 2 door by the way Report
August 16, 201016 yr comment_459773 G`day mate, there`s nothing too hard about fitting a weber to a 4k. The stock cable will do the job no worries but you will have to make an adaptor for it. I suggest from the top of the tappett cover where there is already a cable clip of sorts. A flat peice of steel with a slot cut in the end closest to the carb to hold the cable in the same way that it is held now. Jetting etc....http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?title=Tech:Engine/K_Series/Carburettor Its all there if you look for it. You`ll need a carb manifold adaptor too. Available from most Speed Shops and cost about $50. Good luck and take your time. p.s. If you do get both butterflies to open togethe, you will almost certainly wind up with a massive flat spot as soon as you put your foot down. Best to leave it the way it was designed. Report
August 16, 201016 yr Author comment_459775 Excellent mate, that info is very helpfull just one last thing..because the 3k has some work would you suggest 3k or 4k jets? Report
August 16, 201016 yr comment_459804 Also, most 32/36's I have seen have a mechanical throttle linkage, as opposed to a cable pull. You may need to make your own linkage for the throttle cable to attach to if this is the case. I had to do this with mine a few years back, but, with a welder and the throttle wheel from a stock Aisan carb, it was pretty easy :P I would post up pictures of it, but I honestly can't find them anywhere at all! Report
August 16, 201016 yr Author comment_459806 Yeah that's great, I was wandering how I was going to join the two up but Just use the stock one and it will be all good. Going to order the adapter and jets this week so should have it in on the weekend if there's no more hassles Report
August 16, 201016 yr Author comment_459823 I pulled the jets out the weber, the idles are 50 and 50 the mains are 140 and 132 and airs are 160 and 170 do these seem right to anyone? Going by the figures on the page about jets it seems close, but I go told this came off a 2L cortina just seems weird is all, any help would be great again, cheers Report
August 16, 201016 yr comment_459825 Do you think 32/36 chokes are small enough? You will be pulling only 2/3 of the air velocity through the carb at idle or at any similar rev range. So low down you might not have enough air being sucked in to make it work efficiently. It will probably bog down at idle then flatspot as soon as you open the throttle. Certainly once the revs are up it should be the same, and those jets should give you the correct mixture for the air going through. Its just that you will need 4000rpm to make that carb work the same as the Cortina at 3000rpm. PM rob83KE70, as he was looking at exactly the same problem with a couple of Webers sitting in his garage last month. Edited August 16, 201016 yr by altezzaclub Report
August 16, 201016 yr comment_459827 here- http://www.bob2000.com/carb.htm Carburetors are really just dumb fuel and air mixers. Any source of airflow through a carb will draw fuel. This is why a carb for a 460 c.i. engine will also work on a 260 c.i. engine. The performance may not be optimum due to signal strength or restrictions, but if the jetting is close for one, it will be close for the other. 2 examples: I took the 600 cfm carb off my 390 truck and put it on my 4 cylinder Pinto. The jetting was right on! My Pop took the 390 cfm Holley off my Pinto and put it on his 390 powered 62 Thunderbird. The mixture was right on. This is why it is important to know what jets your carb came with, and to start out with those jets. The factory determines jet sizes using several factors on each carburetor, including the air bleed size, the venturi size, booster venturi size and shape, and the power valve channel restrictions. Street carbs and performance carbs of the same cfm rating will be jetted differently, too, so you can't always use the jet rating for different models of the same cfm. Even upgraded models of the same carb will have different jet sizes. So if you find that your car will not run properly with a jet that is within 5 sizes one way or the other of the factory recommendation, you have problems somewhere else, like a bad or misadjusted float, bad needle and seat, a vacuum leak, a dirty carburetor, or a plain old worn-out carburetor. Report
August 17, 201016 yr Author comment_460052 Thankyou for that, I get a good understanding of what you mean now, it should be all good with the jets I do have, little out but they are close Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now