3k Engine Noise

jono1986

Hey guys, need help. My engines making a really high pitched noise from the left hand side of the engine (the dizzy/oil filter side) and wondering if anybody here knows what it is. It is getting worse with the more k's I do, my only thoughts are maybe the dizzy seals/bearings or the oil pump, but it's always had oil in it and it didn't do it straight from when I rebuilt it. It's my only ride so I need urgent help.

I've uploaded a video to show you what I mean, it might not be available straight away as I just uploaded it.

Cheers guys

Edited by jono1986

Members dont see this ad

Never heard that one before...

Check that there is grease on the rotor spindle in the dizzy and the points gap is OK, although I've seen plenty of them dry out and never heard them sqeak.

Actually, when you do it pull the dizzy out and make sure the bush that the shaft spins in is lubricated OK and it turns freely.

I've heard of odd noises coming out of oil filter & pumps, but they were on drysump systems with long hoses that resonate.

Ok, just squirted some inox down the shaft and the sound is gone, thank god thought it was the oil pump. Will take out the dizzy and see if there is excessive movement and see if it spins freely, thanks for your help guys.

Edited by jono1986