Ke 70 4K

thatdude

Hi this may be a dumb question and ive tried to search it but no results that i can use. Ive bought a couple of ke70s from here and ive just stripped down one of the cars engines. But I'm not 100% bout the different 4k engines. The guards say Hicam bout the engine its the original one. How do i tell if its the high cam one or no.Whats the difference between the two ect. Any help much thanked

Members dont see this ad

Quoted from Ben aka Themintke70

I'm going to get real nitty gritty......

The hi cam 4k engine has the following differences:

1, Different air filter assembly and duct pipe which goes out through the front wheel arch as opposed so sucking air in from behind the battery.

2, Revised emissions gear, visually there are fewer valves hanging off the hicam fitler housing compare to the series one ke70 4k unit which had more valves and hoses.

3, On the drivers' side strut tower is prvisions for a vacuum valve for the hi cam models which is joined to the dizzy assembly. Non hi cam models had this.

4, Hi cam ke70s have a different radiator (finer core), instead of having a plastic fan cowl which covers the whole back of the radiator, the hicam models only had a tin plate tacked to the top tank so the fan had more exposure and quieter operating i.e less fan noise.

5, Hi cam engines had a viscous clutch fan, instead of a constant drive fan, again for more efficent and quiet running.

6, A slightly larger diameter exhaust system than a non hi cam ke70.

7, recalibrated camshaft, igintion, emission and carby system for better performance and drivability.

The hi cam engine if anything was slightly more flexible to compare to the non hicam engine in terms of revving out, but only slightly.

Lastly, power and torque figures were up from 47kw and 98nm to 49kw and 100nm from all these mods...

Now that should answer youre question,

Ben.

First thing that came up when I googled 4k hi-cam.

Edited by blzbub666