Invitation To Join Canberra In Car Show

Trendact

The Canberra members invite all NSW members to come join us at this great show, or info see below or email me at: [email protected]

MARQUES in the PARK 2005.

20 November 2005

Breakfast / Cruise / Display / Relax

MARQUES in the PARK is a FREE event, thanks to the great support of:

* SHANNONS

* RYDGES EAGLE HAWK

Event Details:

The third Annual 'Marques in the Park' will again be held at John Knight Park in Belconnen, ACT on

Sunday 20 November 2005.

The day will begin with Breakfast at Rydges Eagle Hawk then a cruise, Via Gungahlin to

John Knight Park where you can set up for a great day with other motoring enthusiasts.

In 2004 over 220 Vehicles attended the event, held among plentiful Shade trees and

open grass on the shores of Lake Ginninderra in Belconnen.

This year we have organized:

* Accommodation at Rydges Eagle Hawk, Federal Hwy (if required), starting from $85.00 per room including breakfast. (Ph: 1800 651 543)

* Breakfast at Rydges Eagle Hawk from 6:30 am ($12.50 per head) call for table reservations (1800 651 543)

* A cruise to the Venue, departing from Rydges Eagle Hawk, Federal Hwy ACT / NSW border at 9.00am,

This will allow participants to enjoy an organized run to John Knight Park and then set up for a relaxing day of Vehicle spotting.

Facts and details

* The display at John Knight Park will begin at 10.00 am and go until 3.00 pm

* John Knight Park is on Aikman Drive Belconnen ACT

* Entrance to the park is via Lake Ginninderra College car park

* Entry is FREE for participants and lookers

* Shaded areas and open grassed areas, for parking and relaxing

* Set up for clubs and individuals from 8.00 am

* Espresso coffee

* Food stall selling hot food and drinks

* Display area close to shopping mall and fast food outlets

* Vehicle access and movement is allowable all day, with a 5 KPH speed limit

* Council of ACT Motor Clubs event

* Club BBQ's permitted in the Park

* Parking available for tow cars and trailers

Rydges Eagle Hawk (Ph: 1800 651 543) is providing an accommodation package for interstate entrants

starting at $85.00 per room including breakfast.

If you are organizing a group booking for breakfast it is recommended that you contact Rydges

before the event and advise of numbers, this will enable Rydges to set up tables to suit.

It's also recommended for small groups and individuals to book with Rydges to assist with numbers on the day.

There is good interest from various groups of motoring enthusiasts from Hot Rodders to Restorers,

Mini Trucks to New Minis and Drag Racers to Street Machines. So on the day there will be plenty to see,

some vehicles you may have seen before and some new clubs and their cars.

If you would like full colour flyers or A3 size event posters, let me know and I will organize them for you.

I can also provide electronic versions of the flyer if required in most formats.

Please tell your clubs and friends about the event and help spread the word.

I haven't put any attachments with this email, if you require a flyer let me know.

* Also Marques is pronounced 'Marks' meaning make or brand, not Marquees which are tents.

Thanks again

Bruce Perry

Event director

Ph: 0408 652 107

PS: for all the FORD fans, the FPV and XR Owners Club are holding their annual show and shine at the same venue, contact Nudge on 0407 107 879 to register. All fords are welcome. (a small cost is involved).

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 4 weeks later...