Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Khanacross Car Regs.

Featured Replies

Emmets got me bloody interested in this.

I can race khanacross, on the 24th September. I can get the license pretty much straight away (I can get L2NSJ (non-speed) and L2SJ (speed) ) by filling out a form. Simple as that.

I have a fire extinguisher, I have access to race suit. I was just wondering about my KE55 (Preston, your old car.)

Its got minor front end damage, could simply get another panel, bonnet and bumper and it'd be fixed. Runs perfectly though, good motor, good gearbox, good diff. Would they let me in with the damage, or would I have to fix it? They say that scrutineering is just mechanical but I don't believe that because they wouldn't let a rust heap go in....

 

So yeah, any feedback would be appreciated.

 

Its not a licensed car, and my CAMS license will be in the mail tomorrow.

Call Carl Drummond from the light car club and ask him: 0409930996

 

also, you don't even need a race suit, just jeans, enclosed shoes, a jumper and a certified helmet,

 

hope my rollas ready in time to enter!

  • Author

Would a full face MX helmet (I have lightweight BMX too)be allowed in, or can I race open face or full face Road Race helmet?

 

I decided that I'll do some bog work on the coupes quarter, paint it and put it on the sedan. Then I'll make a fibreglass bonnet. Or at least try to.

  • Author

Have you got CAMS license, or is yours in the mail and can I get one-day?

if it's a cams-approved motorkhana, you need a helmet that complies with the same standards as a motorbike helmet

 

i just got my helmet out, the number is AS1698

 

mine's a full-faced $700 shoei, but i'm lucky. some of my mates race with open-faced $120 helmets, and really, for the occasional racer, that's more than enough

 

open faced helmets are crap ideas on bikes, because if you come off on your chin, you're likely to lose your jaw. as in the bottom half of it. such a danger isn't really present in a car, so it's fine

  • Author

I agree with the idea of open-faced not being smart on bikes...

 

Cheers Jamie for that, all my helmets are MX approved because they are ADR and the US one as well...

 

Does anyone know where a good guide to fibreglassing is on the web?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.