5K With "Odd" Rocker Gear

Zoidburg

It get frustrating when people refer to a shallow dish piston as a flat top. It's not the case, ask Taz.

I can understand your frustration but it is the easiest way to describe the piston.

Tony has a pic in a Genuine manual that shows the pic of the twin squish, I'll see if i can get a copy.

Either way, the head with lugs has the deeper dished pistons.

This is good information for the wiki, maybe it could be updated!!

Members dont see this ad

Okay, from the top...

My 5K has "D" shaped dished pistons and head with lugs under cylinders 1 and 4. It has solid lifters and adjustable rocker gear. I want to put hydraulic lifters in it.

I can get hold of hydraulic rocker gear from the 5K with "O" shaped pistons and no lugs on the head.

Question is, will this rocker gear work on my motor?

According to Club K my motor is supposed to have the hydraulic rocker gear and the shorter pushrods, as the head is shallower.

Thanks

Dammit, was afraid of that!

Sounds like I'm really up the creek with this one. Why wont the hydraulic pushrods match up to my rocker gear? Is it a length difference or something?

I placed an add in the WTB section for 5K hydraulic rocker gear, but got zero hits. :bash:

Guess I need to keep looking and hope someone sells some.

At U-Pull-It Elizabeth, in the back of an old Lite-Ace van, in the rocker cover, is a complete 5K rocker assembly.

I saw this there on Sunday, if it's any help?

A.

Can't believe it, it was there!

Thanks for the tip off mate, went there today and picked it up. Seriously thanks very much man.

:dance:

Haha cool, I hope that it solves your troubles.

May I ask what they charged for it?

A.