Alternator Prob

benno81

the alternator on my 4afe 93 rolla went today so i took the one off the other rolla with the 4age in and put that in

the problem iam having is the 4afe alternator only has the big positive wire but the plug only has 2 wires where as the 4age has 3 wires in the plug

which wires do i join to where ??

thanks in advance benno

Members dont see this ad

Hello Benno, I can't help you with wiring diagram but I can help you with another alternator from a 4afe.If you need it.Located at Goodna,brissie southside...0413 960 696...Joe.

Also, on another subject.You were looking for 4age sx corolla complete car.If you check out rob77 on boostcruising,he apparently has one for sale.It has a bottom end knock.I don't know him but seen his reply to some one else's questions...Hope that helps you...Thank you.

• 1 month later...

hi , the fat postivie always goes on the 10mm bolt wich is str8 forward, and the other 2 wires are usually a positive signal from the battery wich tell the alternator there is a 12v battery in use, and the othe wire runs into the dash were your little charge light is, that particular wire usually runs thru the alt as a negative completing the circuit wich lights up the charge light on your dash, once the alt starts spinning then that wire becomes positive cancelling the light on the dash because the globe now has 2 positives one on each end of the globe,