Best Poojero Master Cyl

SLW42

Members dont see this ad

hey guys and girls i am just wondering which poojero brake master cylinder will bolt straight onto the 70's booster???

What year, model blah blah blah

Pajero 15/16 M/C

NB-NE

Triton 15/16 M/C

ME-MF

you'll need a Single banjo adapter to replace the pajero double banjo front port

you can buy them of get them off a older ford telstar

If you're going to use disc brakes all round, use a booster and master cylinder from silvia/skyline. Plenty of different M/C sizes available and alot more compact than the corolla and pajero units

Edited by Benno

thank you for your input squire, i'm not running discs all round, just trying to run my silvia brakes on the front and still have brakes on the rear, instead of only front brakes which sucks quite abit, specially when they hardly work, makes life easy when at the wreckers lol

thank you for your input squire, i'm not running discs all round, just trying to run my silvia brakes on the front and still have brakes on the rear, instead of only front brakes which sucks quite abit, specially when they hardly work, makes life easy when at the wreckers lol

If they are early CA brakes(250mm rotor), then the standard master cylinder works fine. running a larger master cylinder will give no pedal feel, it will be way too hard.

If they are the larger/later/SR brakes(280mm rotors), then get the larger master cylinder. gets a bit spongy without one.

I have turbo ca s13 brakes, mate, and the standard master doesn't do anything man, it has some pedal feel then nothing

If they are 250x18mm rotors, check the s13 caliper piston size.....compare it to the standard piston size....

You can put a larger master cylinder on if you want, but I'd say you have a underlying problem(air in system, failed master cylinder, leaking rear cylinders, etc)

I know the front left brake line, needs replacing, it doesn't have back brakes at all, i've bled the brakes about 5 times even before the brake line shat, and it still had a shit feeling pedal :(

Yeah i'll measure both so everybody knows the difference, and i'll check rotor sizes man

doesnt sound anything like the mastercylinder size is at fault

i ran CA s13 calipers for years with standard master, and it worked fine.

you sure yo uhave CA turbo brakes? all turbo s13's have the 280 x 20? brakes. its only the non turbo ones that have the smaller 250x18 which is what i had.

Edited by ke70dave

I know the front left brake line, needs replacing, it doesn't have back brakes at all, i've bled the brakes about 5 times even before the brake line shat, and it still had a shit feeling pedal :(

Yeah i'll measure both so everybody knows the difference, and i'll check rotor sizes man

It was a rhetorical question, I can't remember what the measurements are off the top of my head, just implying that if you measure the standard piston area and compare it to the CA piston area, from memory they are identical....meaning there is no need for a larger master cylinder to compensate for a larger piston displacement.

If you have no rear brakes, then no wonder you have no pedal feel. Being a conventional inline master cylinder, the secondary piston will move the full length of the the rear chamber(about half the movement of the brake pedal) before it bottoms out and allows the primary circuit to build pressure= shit brake feel.

Alot of crap gathers in the end of the secondary chamber after many years of service, my guess is the secondary piston seal is damaged, letting the rear brake circuit leak back into the reservoir. bleeding the brakes only pushes the piston into the crap, making the problem worse.

doesnt sound anything like the mastercylinder size is at fault

i ran CA s13 calipers for years with standard master, and it worked fine.

you sure yo uhave CA turbo brakes? all turbo s13's have the 280 x 20? brakes. its only the non turbo ones that have the smaller 250x18 which is what i had.

it's actually an age thing....not turbo and N/A brakes, 1988-1990 have the 250mmx18mm rotor and smaller calipers, late 1990-94 have the 280x22mm and larger calipers

there is a slight overlap(nissan are the kings of making intermediate models to expend old parts) but SR or CA engine is the quickest way to tell

Then again, most silvias are rebirthed and bastard cars so anything goes really

Edited by Benno