Help Me Finish My Build

Spencer

Hey Guys, Need some help with my build,

1) Whats the main noticable difference between the flat and slant windscreen wiper panel?

2) I bought some chrome bumpers (Item number: 140491456115) on EGay and as you know the don't come with brackets, would I have to custom fab some new 1's or is there brackets off some model corolla that fit? I got a Rear corona xt130 bracket that could fit but it goes into the chassis wrong, It goes in vertically when Its supposed to be horizontally.

3) Does anyone have a guide or give me some easy steps on how to strip my door so its ready for paint, all I want gone is door handles and the chrome strip just below the window.

Thats all for now.

All info is much appreciated

Cheers

Members dont see this ad

Oh and also need a new radiator, my 1 is all rusted out in the front , don't think it can be saved. so what cars radiator could I use?

Cheers

Recore yours, Commodore or an excel radiator. I think Parrot fitted a camry radiator and fans.

Hey Guys, Need some help with my build,

1) Whats the main noticable difference between the flat and slant windscreen wiper panel?

2) I bought some chrome bumpers (Item number: 140491456115) on EGay and as you know the don't come with brackets, would I have to custom fab some new 1's or is there brackets off some model corolla that fit? I got a Rear corona xt130 bracket that could fit but it goes into the chassis wrong, It goes in vertically when Its supposed to be horizontally.

3) Does anyone have a guide or give me some easy steps on how to strip my door so its ready for paint, all I want gone is door handles and the chrome strip just below the window.

Thats all for now.

All info is much appreciated

Cheers

1. there is no difference

2. try using the original ke70 bumper mounts or find t18 ones

3. for the door handle there is 2 10mm bolts on the inside of the door and a clip you have to pull out, and the chrome trim along the top of the door just GENTLY put a flat blade screwdriver under it and then lever it up and off easy

hope that helps

cheers Justin

• 1 month later...

So been looking at a lot of pages on whats needed to do a full xt130 ( strut's and Lca's ) conversion to my 84' ke70 , and WOW theres a lot of opionions and hearsay on this ....

Theres not one "how to guide" or Page on how to do this so thought I would come to my trusty help page and ask you fellas..

So I found a 1982 Xt130 Corona sedan that I will be getting into this weekend and have a couple of questions before I get there.

I've never done a fill strip down of a front suspension, where do I start ? any tips ? I will be taking my tool box and compressor with rattle gun.

My Front Suspension will consist of

-Xt130 lca

-Xt130 Steering arms

-Xt130 Tie rods

-Ke70 Castor arms ( To the max )

-Xt130 Full Struts ( Brakes , calibars , hubs etc )

-Ke70 Top Hats

-Xt130 Brake Booster ( Including Piping )

Please let me know if i've made a mistake or missed something.

All info,tips and advice will be much appreciated. :yes:

I have never read that the XT130 booster suits a KE70.

Rest of it looks common enough.

As for getting the suspension out, its pretty easy - just unbolt what you see. I tend to take the brakes off the struts as it makes it easier to manage, but that is just pussy me.