How To Remove Wiper Assembly

KE30. Would really like to know if anyone has any tips on how to remove the wiper control/arm/mechanism (inside the body at the top of the firewall) . Ive tries WD40 and degreaser to loosen the 24mm nuts but I can't seem to work out how to remove them without bending the actual car body (vented area between the bonnet and windscreen.

Members dont see this ad

G'day mate

I'm assuming that you have removed the actual wiper assembly and are just trying to remove the wiper motor arms.

They should come loose with a little elbow grease and some WD40 (leave overnight if necessary).

Lots of wd40 and a long pole to fit over the end of your spanner for a bit of extra leverage. I'm assuming your removing the whole wiper assembly as one or both or your wipers has stopped working? Just did this in my 55 as the plastic ball joints finally gave in. Pm me for details if so.

Cheers, Crowie.

reason is removing everything from a 4door into a 2door. Yes, referring to the wiper motor arms. Got plenty of leverage, just can't crack the seal on the 24mm nuts. Will try DW40 and leave overnight. Probably better off just cutting the damn things out with an angle grinder and going from there seeing as the 4door will be scrapped. thanks for replies