4Ac Help

tobiemb

the 4ac in my wagon wont start, its got spark and there is fuel coming to the carby because when you undo the fuel line it squirts out like its under alot of presure.it will run if you poor fuel down the carby but then it dies once it runs out.

could the jets be blocked? whats the best way to clean them out?

also i need to know what vacuum lines are required and what ones arent as the last owner has pulled most of the hoses off.

any help would be muchly appreciated

:y:

Edited by tobiemb

Members dont see this ad

The vacuum lines on the 4a-c are a bitch, ive got a diagram here, but can't upload it. Id start there, then look into the carby. They are an easy and cheap carby to rebuild if need be. If its been sitting for a while the needle may be seized/stuck, but ive never seen this happen.

i cleaned out the carby today, there is a filter where the fuel goes in above the float i cleaned that and filled the bowl with fuel when i put it back on the car ran until the bowl was empty.

its getting fuel cos if you pull off the fuel line going into the carby fuel sprays out under pressure, any idea why its not filling the bowl?

Edited by tobiemb