October 3, 200521 yr comment_74601 I'm new to the forum. I live in Ottawa, Canada. I have two corollas. One is a 2001 CE and the other (my new baby) is a 2006 Corolla XRS. Both are Toyota Super White. From what I gather, most of you are from Australia and New Zealand. I was just wondering if you guys had the XRS model down there. Report
October 3, 200521 yr comment_74618 No, we don't get the XRS. In fact, our Corolla is significantly different to the model available over there in that we get three body styles, hatch, sedan, and wagon. The sedan we get has a different front and rear end to yours, but I believe has entirely the same drivetrain (1ZZ-FE, 5-speed manual or 4-speed auto). Your Corolla has been designed to somewhat resemble a scaled down Camry, while ours has this front end: All our Corolla's used to come with this front end, however the hatch versions were recently upgraded to the following front end while the sedan and wagon (pictured) maintained the above front end. We also get the Sportivo version, however we only get it in the five door hatch whereas some other countries get a three door hatch version. The Sportivo shares it's running gear with the Celica (2ZZ-GE, 6-speed manual) but has no auto option. Report
October 3, 200521 yr comment_74619 And we don't get the Matrix or any of the Will models either. Report
October 4, 200521 yr Author comment_74831 Ok, looks like my XRS has the same specs as the Sportivo. 1.8L VVTL-i Engine 6-Speed Manual (not an option) 4 wheel ABS disc brakes with Electronic Break-Force Distribution Sport tuned suspension etc.... I only wish it had leather seats. :sad: I'll try to post some pics of it by the end of the week. And I can't believe you guys still have the MR2. Lucky! Report
October 5, 200521 yr comment_74914 Lucky to still have the MR2? Not really, as it's overpriced for what it is. Our version gets 103kW (140hp) and the only transmission available is the 5-speed sequential. Hell, the Celica will outrun it in a straight line. Now if they'd used the Celica motor and transmission in the MR2, I'm sure it would have been far more popular. Instead now Toyota intends to bring out one model to replace the Supra, Celica, and MR2, all in one. Good luck. Sounds like a shitty idea to me. Report
October 5, 200521 yr comment_74916 It will end up being a FERRARI wannabe....! ( the Celica, Supra, MR2 Mix) I think toyota will do well....... :jamie: Report
October 5, 200521 yr comment_74927 It'll end up costing $80,000, minimum. This will put it WAY out of the price range of all the hairdressers that have been keeping the Celica going all these years. In fact, with rumours going around of a V8 or V10 powering the thing, I'm sure $80,000 is optimistic. While Toyota will make a fair bit off each example they sell, they won't sell many. If I were a product planner for Toyota, I'd redesign the MR2 so it actually looks nice for starters. The price could range from $50,000-60,000, but it'd have to seriously flog the Celica for performance (use a 2.0L version of the 2ZZ-GE). The Celica could be sold between $35,000 and $45,000 (basic versions at the bottom end and luxury/performance variants at the top of that range). The basic motor could be a slightly tuned version of either the 1AZ-FE or the 2AZ-FE, and the top models could get a turbo or supercharged version for cheap to build power. Of course, the MR2 would have to outperform even the top variant of the Celica. As for a Supra replacement, I'd build a FR Coupe (possibly with a convertible version). It'd be powered by the 3UZ-FE, possibly with a 5.0L version for the top end models. And I'd probably consider doing a turbo or twin-turbo version of the 3.5L V6 from the Lexus GS350, just for all those Supra turbo fans. Report
October 5, 200521 yr comment_74930 It will be interesting to see, never the less..... Even if we can't afford it...! We can only dream. Report
October 6, 200521 yr comment_75072 And supposedly Toyota are going to the trouble of making sure all the mounting points for the V10 will match up with those on the AE86. :jamie: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now