2Tc To 3Tc Swap On A 78 Corolla

artt909

hello i am new hear i am just trying to find some info i have a 1978 corolla DLX lift back my motor is a bit worn and smokes so i know its the valve guides so i wanted to just pick up a 3tc motor my car has a 5spd trans . so what i am asking is will it bolt up to the trans meaning the 3tc motor to the old 2tc setup like old starter trans motor mounts dizzy wires and such i did put a weber 32\36 carb man that was a fun thing to put on and see that old 2tc motor jump faster than the old carb lol so i am just trying to do a bit of home work before i jump into things so things like intake exuast manifold will those things have to be changed out too any help would be nice i am new hear hope to hear back from ya all thanks

Members dont see this ad

Hi there mate,

Just about everything that bolts on to a 2t will bolt up in exactly the same way to the 3tc!

I've swapped out a 3tc into my TA23 celica in place of the 2t and they are almost identical motors so absolutely no hastles at all.

Cheers,

Jason

thank you very much for the info