Ke30 Manual Conversion

FOOMAN

Members dont see this ad

Yes, tailshaft should be right. But just to be on the safe side i'd pull it out and make sure it fits. That way you still have transport if its an oddu ball.

Being the 2 speed auto you won't have to worry about welding x-members together. Don't use the x-member from the ke70, just the gearbox mount. The fun bit with that is of fitting up the g'bojx to the motor and tailshaft, bolting in x-member ( but it'll have to be lowered by an 1") and you'll have to bolt the g'box mount to the g'box so that you'll be able to work where to drill the holes in the x-member for the mount.

Spigot bearing, flywheel and bolts can grabbed from either ke30 or ke70 a model inbetween.

Wiring - i think from memory i have photo of what i did in my build thread (Towes turtle). I used a multimeter to figure out what was what with the six-way connector but two wires and a 12v bulb will do the same thing. And talking about a 12v bulb the autos shift lever has one.

seeing as its the ke55 gearbox do i still need to add the inch of spacers?

A touch under 2.5Lt on the g'box.

The only part that you'll have to shift out of the road is the steering column. Two 12mm spanners at the steering box. Under the dash you'll have to shift the carpet away from the steering column which you'll find four 12mm bolts. And then its two 14mm nuts at the front of the dash where the column is bolted.

And don't forget to unplug the electricals on the column.

Onto the pedal box.

You'll need to get your head under the dash, on your back with your legs up in the air. You'll need a 12mm socket and a good light, cause a couple of the bolts are hidden away.

The only real problem i had was getting the column back through the firewall and all the bolts lined up.

I'm positive that i had a photo of where all the bolts are located on the pedal box but i'm stuffed if i can find it :(

Something else - if the pedal box doesn't come close to wanting to drop out its cause you've missed a bolt. Hidden up between the brake pedal and the front of the dash, you'll find a hole about the size of a 20cent piece - the bolt is up in there.

got the pedal box done.

Ran into a problem, can't find where to connect the clutch cable?

post-13000-038958500 1302760699_thumb.jpg

Thats your speedo cable, which fits here

post-1432-035934900 1303113648_thumb.jpg

post-13000-074006300 1302760720_thumb.jpg

Clutch cable is the one below i believe?

post-13000-000179600 1302851516_thumb.jpg

Clutch cable fits about here, and your missing the goldie looking bit that fits onto the cable which attaches to the clutch fork

post-1432-072793800 1303113632_thumb.jpg

Been looking around on the net and now I'm thinking I'm missing a release bearing on my clutch?

If anyone knows what it looks like and where it goes could enlighten me it'd be great.

And page from my workshop book, hopefully the picture is clear enough to see how it all goes together.

post-1432-084030000 1303113277_thumb.jpg

If your on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item41571e584e

But normally when you buy a clutch kit the release bearing is included

Don't forget the little bearing that goes in the end of the crankshaft. Its needed for the gearbox input shaft to sit in.

Edit - the pictures i put up of the g'box are coming up stupid, but the links for them are fine. Their just coming as attached pictures at the bottom.

Edited by towe001

Thats cool. The photo of the clutch cable also shows where it runs through the bellhousing.

As with the welding, you could give it a go but i don't really think much of the chances of it surviving for all that long. Where the cable attaches to the fork moves like a pivot point, welding the cable won't give that needed pivot.