7K Efi On 4K

Qksilva

I was hoping to get some info from people who have used the 7k-e manifold and megasquirt computer.

The main problem is how to control the idle speed control valve, I can't work out what type of signal the computer provides to the valve.

Any help and experience on this would be much appreciated.

Members dont see this ad

Dig around megasquirt.info. If I recall there are many different types of idle control valves, and appropriately many different ways to control them. I'm pretty sure you need an MSII or the Squirt'n'Spark add on to control one. I don't know anything about the 7k-e valve, but it might be easier to pinch a valve from something more known and control that.

Edited by snot35

Can you not ditch the idle controll valve and run the idle off the tps? That's what I'm doing at moment but my microtech is that old I believe it was used on noahs ark.lol

"oldrolla's" is a wealth of k knoledge he will definatly know.

Stu.

Can you not ditch the idle controll valve and run the idle off the tps? That's what I'm doing at moment but my microtech is that old I believe it was used on noahs ark.lol

"oldrolla's" is a wealth of k knoledge he will definatly know.

Stu.

I could I guess but I don't think it would be that hard to control if I can find out the signal to the valve.

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply

I have had the 7ke idle valve working successfully with megasquirt for some time now

It is not wired like any other 3 pin idle valve or any other denso valve that I have found, took me ages to figure it out, as there seems to be very little info anywhere

PM me for more info, I have the pinout documented.

Cheers, Brodie.