Pistons

79ke55

i can help you with cast pistons via my work. i have an engine shop with lots of Toyota experience. pm me if interested.

There are still plenty of suppliers of reasonable K pistons, but they all are cast.

the 4AG forgies definitely wont go into a 3K

removing the gudgeon bush is an old 4AG trick to use pistons with 20mm pins in a rod designed for 18mm. these days, if you use diamond hard coated pins ($60 ea), they last oK. without the hard pins, expect about 1 season before replacing the pins

FYI, the ACL piston factory in australia has closed and most of the tooling has gone offshore. I doubt we will see much old stuff from them ever again.

Edited by terryo

Members dont see this ad

i can help you with cast pistons via my work. i have an engine shop with lots of Toyota experience. pm me if interested.

There are still plenty of suppliers of reasonable K pistons, but they all are cast.

the 4AG forgies definitely wont go into a 3K

removing the gudgeon bush is an old 4AG trick to use pistons with 20mm pins in a rod designed for 18mm. these days, if you use diamond hard coated pins ($60 ea), they last oK. without the hard pins, expect about 1 season before replacing the pins

FYI, the ACL piston factory in australia has closed and most of the tooling has gone offshore. I doubt we will see much old stuff from them ever again.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to venolia, wasn't sure i wanted to spend the coin and wait 3 weeks....

Special rods are big bucks for an old school set-up. OK for a teardown after every race, not for a motor that you want to teardown every 4-5 years.

I'm just vintage racing.

My 3k runs 1GGZE rods, and have 20mm pin the 1ggte are 19mm pin and could be machine out and re-bushed as well.

Do you want to sell your pistons :rolls: ?

• 3 weeks later...