Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beemer

Featured Replies

  • Author

Ok I've got the new alternator and am trying to install...

 

Got the top mount bolt out and terminals disconnected no problem.

Bottom mount bolt was an absolute bitch but got it out.

After a lot of messing around (because the belt has to go on before the alt is mounted) I finally got the bottom mount lined up and the bolt through... but the nut (which is held between 2 forks because there is no possible way to get to it) is now spinning on the end of the bolt but wont loosen or tighten R@#$&!!! :bash:

 

Now there is barely enough room to get a socket on the end of the bolt between the other belts and the top rad hose and I didn't want to dismantle everything else... any ideas??

 

So tempted to just do up the top mount and ignore it...

  • Replies 57
  • Views 74.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Finally got the nut off, stripped the thread on the bolt and the nut :(

 

just gotta get another nut & bolt and I'm back in business :)

  • Author

Updates.

 

Alternator in and working well... the minor issue she had with weird noises taking off has progressed to a dead gearbox :bash:

 

Checked the ATF and it was low, topped it up and it leaked out the housing :(

 

Even before it all ran out the thing didn't wanna go.

 

Anyone want an 86 325e?? Going cheap :(

Bugger man, not going at all well :( Hope it takes a turn for the better soon :y:

  • Author

Yeh, me too!

 

This is the last time I buy not Toyota (or Lexus or something else thats Toyota with another badge).

 

Managed to track down another gearbox for a reasonable price.... by reasonable I mean I could (and have) buy a 5K with a gearbox for cheaper :(

First quote I got was $3000 to get my box rebuilt.... I don't think he wanted the job :hmm:

 

 

I'm seriously considering selling this off once I fix the gearbox. Unlike the dodgy f*ck I purchased the car off, I won't sell a car with problems without running the buyer through them. It sounds like I won't be loosing the Rona after all :D I love that car!

Hitlers revenge?

  • Author

Lol, seems like it.

 

Well we have a development... the beemer is getting a new gearbox and then getting shoved out the door.

 

I think you will all like what is replacing her :evil:

 

Watch this space, I'm not telling what she is until I take delivery (could be a week).

I'll put my prediction in now as the newbie being a Chaser...

 

DO NOT tell me, we will see how badly wrong I am in a week or so :wink:

  • Author

OK I won't tell you... any other guesses??

 

Think not an import but almost as good. :lol:

  • Author

... do I need to quote myself saying I will never buy non Toyota again?!

 

:P

 

Think newer... but not too sensible :lol:

Think newer... but not too sensible :lol:

 

I can't help myself... :lol:

 

TRD Hilux! :thumbsup:

  • Author

Closer... but I'm not that rich and don't want a ute for my daily.

 

Think hard... this should give you the answer (sort of).

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.