My L67 Vy Calais.

Ady

Hey, my name is Adrian, or Ady, I'm a mechanic from Melton in Victoria, I've been lurking this site for a while and made an account the other day and thought I'd just post up my cars.

I used to own an '86 AE80 Corolla that was on gas, it was the cheapest thing in the WORLD to run, shattered I got rid of it =<

I am however about to get into the KE70 market, I'm gonna put a 4AGTE in it, or buy one already with a 4AGE, doesn't really bother me.

This is my L67 engined (factory supercharged v6) Holden VY Calais.

rainy.jpg

DSC_0724.jpg

DSC_0723.jpg

I've got a smaller pulley on the supercharger now, 87MM for 10psi boost in the LIM, I'm going to put a 3.7 ratio LSD in it and then leave it at that and get into the KE70.

Ady.

Edited by Ady

Members dont see this ad

Nice clean calais.

Should be pretty quick once the new diff goes in.

Probably be best to find a KE70 that already has a 4Axx conversion done, unless you want to do swap yourself and have no issues with the cost.

Yeah, it keeps up with LS1's and falcon v8's just with the pulley so I'm excited for the diff haha.

I've been thinking about buying one with a 4age or 4agze converted to turbo, although I wouldn't care if I had to do it myself as I have a whole workshop complete with hoists and every tool you could think of to do the conversion, but yes it would be easier to get one already done. Also if I had to do it myself I think I'd be going with a 4agze starting point, would a gze be prefered? I'm not 100% clear on the differences between the blocks but I am sure that one of them IS better than the other.

Yeah, it keeps up with LS1's and falcon v8's just with the pulley so I'm excited for the diff haha.

I've been thinking about buying one with a 4age or 4agze converted to turbo, although I wouldn't care if I had to do it myself as I have a whole workshop complete with hoists and every tool you could think of to do the conversion, but yes it would be easier to get one already done. Also if I had to do it myself I think I'd be going with a 4agze starting point, would a gze be prefered? I'm not 100% clear on the differences between the blocks but I am sure that one of them IS better than the other.

The jealousy is rising...:laff:

Welcome to Rollaclub! :y: There's TONNES of 4AGE info on this site & elsewhere (Wikipedia has a great A series engine guide :yes:) but long story short the later model 7-rib blocks are better for boost than the earlier 3-ribs, got bigger gudgeon pins, also got oil squirters for the pistons :). A set of GZE pistons & rods in an NA block isnt too bad a thing.

Edit: Nice ride! These are less 'chubby' than the VX series, a mate of mine has one of those & yes, those blown V6's can pick up their skirts & move! Especially with a pulley kit but thats another story :wink:

Edited by carbonboy

The jealousy is rising...:laff:

Welcome to Rollaclub! :y: There's TONNES of 4AGE info on this site & elsewhere (Wikipedia has a great A series engine guide :yes:) but long story short the later model 7-rib blocks are better for boost than the earlier 3-ribs, got bigger gudgeon pins, also got oil squirters for the pistons :). A set of GZE pistons & rods in an NA block isnt too bad a thing.

Edit: Nice ride! These are less 'chubby' than the VX series, a mate of mine has one of those & yes, those blown V6's can pick up their skirts & move! Especially with a pulley kit but thats another story :wink:

Haha, thanks mate =]

This site will be my bible over the next few months haha.

Yeah I'll be looking for a 7 rib block then, the GZE pistons are forged correct? are the rods forged aswell or just h-beam or something?

I definitely like the VY/VZ shape over the more rounded VT/VX shape, I've had all sorts of performance ideas for this car I was going to leave it at; intense stage 3 cam, C.O.M.E stage 3 heads, all the bits and bobs to go with the cam install (valve springs, pushrods, roller tip rockers, lifters etc.), a 77mm pulley and the 3.7 lsd along with a nice mafless tune which would've netted me around 200rwkw's safely and easily uncooled.