Brake Lights A No Go!

braaap

Ok so. ive checked all the fuses including the ones in the kick panel and ive replaced the switch at the pedal. My tail lights are staying on like I'm constantly braking. ive searched that many forums and no one is having this problem. or if they are its the switch or the fuses. so HOPEFULLY someone can help.

Members dont see this ad

chillin i checked the globes they are both double filament. Medicine_man i swapped the switch though i doubt two switches would have the same problem. i also noticed the left side is brighter than the right would a wire between the two clusters shorting out cause a problem like this?

at the very tip of the brake switch there should be a small rubber pad to stop/cushion the pin of the switch from coming out until the brake pedal is pushed away giving it room to come out. When it perishes and falls away the switch pin goes straight though the hole that is now there leaving the switch at closed contact position/on.

brake_pedal.gif

yeah i get what you mean now man. theres nothing wrong with the pad. when i put the new switch in i didnt put it back in case it didnt work.

i pushed the little button in when i turned my lights on and it made no difference.

so thats why I'm so confused and frustrated about why its not working.