Rookie Ksev Project !

zacharyo

It's all good man, I know your pain.

Having no money, or facilities to do the thigns you want is uber frustrating. Take your time and get it done right and you'll be happy in the long run. I've taken 3 go's at installing my head unit and speakers and gotten stuck due to lack of parts or tools... I'm now getting it done by a client instead coz I ragequitted :P

Heaps keen for pics of your interior though :)

~Chris~

Members dont see this ad

It's all good man, I know your pain.

Having no money, or facilities to do the thigns you want is uber frustrating. Take your time and get it done right and you'll be happy in the long run. I've taken 3 go's at installing my head unit and speakers and gotten stuck due to lack of parts or tools... I'm now getting it done by a client instead coz I ragequitted :P

Heaps keen for pics of your interior though :)

~Chris~

Yeah it sucks but in good time.

haha mate i havent even started on my headunit and speakers, its got no speakers actually and the head units been wired by just twisting the wires over eachother.

pics of the interior :

post-13109-0-68707000-1311577846_thumb.jpgpost-13109-0-69061900-1311577929_thumb.jpg

post-13109-0-52046400-1311578106_thumb.jpgpost-13109-0-02331600-1311578147_thumb.jpg

Alright well i just spoke to the previous owner and now I'm really tempted to just sell the car,

probably get more than what i paid at a wreckers.

when i first got the car the owner told me he wasn't sure if the engine would start or not

well turns out the reason why is because it needs new relays, needs vacuum hoses and one piston hasnt worked in 16 years.

so now I'm stuck in a rut cause even i finnaly get the gearbox in its not gonna do me any good.

Just realised your in Vic, otherwise I would have offered to come do your wiring for the headunit (crimp and join all the goodies)

I have like zero motivation for my own car, but more than willing to go fix other peoples...

I need to drink more...

~Chris~

4k engines are cheap to replace mate they cost about $50-200 depending on the condition. If I see a cheapy floating around I'll let you know :) might be able to have mine when I start the twincharge process, but that's about 2-3 months away.

Cheers, Jake.

Just realised your in Vic, otherwise I would have offered to come do your wiring for the headunit (crimp and join all the goodies)

I have like zero motivation for my own car, but more than willing to go fix other peoples...

I need to drink more...

~Chris~

I don't even think the headunit works

but if you ever feel like working on someones car theres always something to be done on mine :laff:

haha.

4k engines are cheap to replace mate they cost about $50-200 depending on the condition. If I see a cheapy floating around I'll let you know :) might be able to have mine when I start the twincharge process, but that's about 2-3 months away.

Cheers, Jake.

I've noticed that there cheap, but honestly i don't have much of a clue how to swap the engines.

i know its pretty straight forward and all but theres alot missing from my current engine id be pretty lost.

yeah mate that'd be sick, i saw one on ebay go for $20 so il have to keep my eyes open, any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Alright well I'm sourcing out the parts i need getting some general prices,

I've also been doing alot of thinking and I'm generally interested in doing a tailight conversion from an r31 skyline.

i'm pretty sure its never been done and so I'm most likely going to go through with it, although I'm worried that they might not fit so il have to get some dimensions etc but yeah.

Thats something else to look out for guys.

zachary

Hey guys,

looks like I'm just gonna sell it, i don't have the money to fix it and its just gathering rust out the front.

so if you know anyone who wants a project ke in vic give us a shout.

cheers guys

hate to let you's down

il just save and buy a running rolla

The only issue I can see with the tail light conversion is that the 31 rear lights are HUGE... and putting them onto your Rolla will look so out of place that all the time and effort won't really be worth it.

Maybe if you took the centres out and made custom thinner ones, that may work (I quite like the quad tails on Skylines) but otherwise I don't reccommend spending time and money on switching.

End of the day it's upto you though mang...

Save up for a grinder and get heaps lower :P

• 3 weeks later...

Alright guys, the car is sold.

i've just bought my new car a Nissan Onevia (180sxfront/S13rear)

i figured it would be quicker and easier to start drifting in one of these :D

only cost me 800 too, so stoked.

i don't know if anyone is overly interested in Nissans as this is rollaclub, but il start a thread in the non toyota section so everyone can see.

Eventually il merge to nissansilvia.com but I'm happy here on rollaclub :)

cheers

Zachary.