Lances Awesome Ke55 Sedan

TarmacAttack

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyman and his dog has a WRX :fuzz: So i never really get pulled over in the family sedan.

As for the rolla its got a nice rust patch in the LH rear quarter under the chrome bar. Its got holes in it and the rust is also evident in the boot where the rubber seal goes around which also is very religious.

So I'm tossing up a few things. Do i...

#1- Do it properly, Cut the rust out, weld in new bits.. spend alot of time on it and possibly money getting it nice

#2- Sand it back and use some rust converter, then use "gorilla hair" (its bog with fiberglass in it) to mould over it and to fill in the holes. followed by Paint.

#3 It a 30yr old car that owes me under $500, Leave it and just keep driving it. Its not worth spending money on it.

The LH side of the roof, bonnet and pillars also has painted cracked, weathered and chipped which i have started to sand back as ill pressure pack it white.

Edited by TarmacAttack

Well judging by the picture I think you'll go with option three for some reason.

Its up to you, if the car is really good and you think its worthy of tidying up

then so be it, It seems to be okay mechanically and have been looked after in its life.

It would be nice to have this really cleaned up and tidy for a daily though, definetley a head turner.

Option 1 or 2 me thinks, seems to be in good condition considering it's all original, and it runs well ,so its worth a bit of TLC, even if its the easy way out with option 2, will keep the car alive to serve you, or the next owner well for years to come.

It definitely has potential to be a clean daily :)

#2- Sand it back and use some rust converter, then use "gorilla hair" (its bog with fiberglass in it) to mould over it and to fill in the holes. followed by Paint.

Seeing as you're not looking to pour large amounts of time & money into this car, this seems like the best route to take. Rather than do nothing & allow the rust to eventually render the car unsafe for road use (in the eyes of the law), halt its progress & leave the total replacement for someone who has a ground up restoration or similar in mind.

Just my $0.02 inc GST :wink:

Noice air shot! :y:

Spoiled the old girl today, checked all trans oils, topped up the gearbox. Tightened up the front wheel bearings and noticed the RHF brake line had perished :( the rubber has split leaving the inner lining exposed.. So i treated it to 2 new front 1 peice brake lines and fresh fluid..

Awesomr lol

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up 5 rims from a mate and decided to tidy up 2 for the time being and put them on the rear. tread is limited but better than my completly wornout bridgestones.

I'm unsure what car they are off but they have a better offset and also have a wider tyre (185/70/13) compared to my old 155/85/13s and look nice and wide from behind. They also fill the guards nicely and with the stock chrome dress ring give them awesome dish :)

What do you think?

With chrome dress ring

08c4e6be.jpg

Without chrome dress ring

9f7d45c1.jpg

Ghetto picture taken at 3am in the morning, a mate and i were bored last friday night and drove around Canberra for 5 hours straight, north to south, east to west. We came across a few guys giving me thumbs up which was pretty cool too :)

4efc663f.jpg

Also a few pics from having fun on some dirt roads

41dced72.jpg

Checking out the articulation of the rear suspension lol (long story)

e774cb51.jpg

I also fixed the wiring to the cd player so it now saves its settings, also temporaly fixed the window rubbers on the inside where the window slides on. As above 60kph i would get cold air coming in :(

But with the latest rain my back seat is soaking and noticed the rear window isnt sealing :( so thats tomorrows job

Edited by TarmacAttack

• 5 weeks later...