Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Opinions On A Diff Upgrade

Featured Replies

Hi guys I would like your opinions on what diff i should put into my ke36 wagon.

I'm currently running a 2tgeu but I'm building a turbo motor to go in it, I don't want something that's unnecessarily big and heavy. It's only driven as a street car and i want to keep my current 13" wheels so the brakes need to be fairly small. If you guys have any Idea's on a good diff for me, the help would be greatly appreciated.

 

Cheers

Dave

Hey dude I used a rt104 corona diff just moved the leaf mounts in a bit and re welded them . Then need the splice a tailsharft together corona and corolla . It's the same As a celica diff and you can leave your 13 wheels on just might need to space front wheels to match the rear track ,

R31 skyline diff is a good option also. Plently of LSD choices, fairly common. Needs to be shortened a bit.

considered ke70 wagon? theyre bigger than ke70 sedans diffs, bigger brakes too, but not over the top etc...

 

i also happen to have one handy if you wanted it :jamie:

They also bolt in! You need the E7 U-bolts, spring saddles and shocker plate.

 

They are a 6.35" diff, same size as an S series out of an AE71 Panelvan.

 

And a late KE30 or KE55 manual tailshaft will bolt right up.

  • Author

Yea r31 is pretty common but I hate the handbrake setup so that's out, but I had not considered a corona diff. I'm not to sure about the #e7# diff as I already have a ke55 diff in there now, I was thinking if I'm going to go to the trouble of changing the diff again, it has to be worth it. I had also considered a Celica diff but do you guys think a T series will be good enough for a built turbo 2tg?

 

Thanks for all the replies guys.

 

Cheers

Dave

street driven, probably

  • Author

One of my mates has a ae86 with a 4agze which he only drives on the street and he has been through about 8 T series diff centres and 3 or 4 axles so i'm not real keen on putting a T series in and then having problems with it. Do you guys have any suggestions on a diff that is stronger than a T series but still has small enough brakes to fit under a 13" wheel. I don't mind having to get it cut down, I have read that Volvo diffs are a good diff to put in a celica but i'm not to sure on the size of the brakes, could be an option.

I'd go hilux diff. They hav a wide rage of gear ratios and are fairly strong. A mate of mine drives his 10s rx3 daily using a fairly stock hilux diff jus shortened. Though his running 15" wheels to fit the big drum brakes. I'm sure u can custom retro fit the corolla rear drums to fit the 13's.

  • Author

Yea I thought about that to but unless i can find the real early rn2# model one then i would have to shorten the diff, change the mounts, redrill the axles for the right stud pattern and then modify the brakes as well seems like an extreme amount of work.

Yeh about $1200+ in work but it's a strong and durable setup. How about a town ace or hiace diff? Same stud pattern not sure on the brum brake size tho.

One of my mates has a ae86 with a 4agze which he only drives on the street and he has been through about 8 T series diff centres and 3 or 4 axles so i'm not real keen on putting a T series in and then having problems with it. Do you guys have any suggestions on a diff that is stronger than a T series but still has small enough brakes to fit under a 13" wheel. I don't mind having to get it cut down, I have read that Volvo diffs are a good diff to put in a celica but i'm not to sure on the size of the brakes, could be an option.

 

and there are people with 250hp ke70's banging around on the standard ke70 diff, which is much weaker than a t series.

all depends if you drive like a wanker or not :)

  • Author

But then what is the point in building an engine with that much power and then taking it easy so i don't break a diff. It's all about torque If i told you my mate broke the majority of his diff centres in 3rd gear than what just drive easy in 3rd. Ill have a think about it anyway and i guess ill see what is readily available. Thanks for the help anyway guys ill have a chat with a diff shop and see what they say to.

i don't care what gear he broke them in, i know how alot of guys drive and i understand entirely why they can break 10 of something and someone with more power can drive faster and break less.

 

thats up to you to decide how your going to drive it :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.