Opinions On A Diff Upgrade

Noah

Hi guys I would like your opinions on what diff i should put into my ke36 wagon.

I'm currently running a 2tgeu but I'm building a turbo motor to go in it, I don't want something that's unnecessarily big and heavy. It's only driven as a street car and i want to keep my current 13" wheels so the brakes need to be fairly small. If you guys have any Idea's on a good diff for me, the help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Members dont see this ad

Hey dude I used a rt104 corona diff just moved the leaf mounts in a bit and re welded them . Then need the splice a tailsharft together corona and corolla . It's the same As a celica diff and you can leave your 13 wheels on just might need to space front wheels to match the rear track ,

Yea r31 is pretty common but I hate the handbrake setup so that's out, but I had not considered a corona diff. I'm not to sure about the #e7# diff as I already have a ke55 diff in there now, I was thinking if I'm going to go to the trouble of changing the diff again, it has to be worth it. I had also considered a Celica diff but do you guys think a T series will be good enough for a built turbo 2tg?

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Cheers

Dave

One of my mates has a ae86 with a 4agze which he only drives on the street and he has been through about 8 T series diff centres and 3 or 4 axles so i'm not real keen on putting a T series in and then having problems with it. Do you guys have any suggestions on a diff that is stronger than a T series but still has small enough brakes to fit under a 13" wheel. I don't mind having to get it cut down, I have read that Volvo diffs are a good diff to put in a celica but i'm not to sure on the size of the brakes, could be an option.

I'd go hilux diff. They hav a wide rage of gear ratios and are fairly strong. A mate of mine drives his 10s rx3 daily using a fairly stock hilux diff jus shortened. Though his running 15" wheels to fit the big drum brakes. I'm sure u can custom retro fit the corolla rear drums to fit the 13's.

Yea I thought about that to but unless i can find the real early rn2# model one then i would have to shorten the diff, change the mounts, redrill the axles for the right stud pattern and then modify the brakes as well seems like an extreme amount of work.

One of my mates has a ae86 with a 4agze which he only drives on the street and he has been through about 8 T series diff centres and 3 or 4 axles so i'm not real keen on putting a T series in and then having problems with it. Do you guys have any suggestions on a diff that is stronger than a T series but still has small enough brakes to fit under a 13" wheel. I don't mind having to get it cut down, I have read that Volvo diffs are a good diff to put in a celica but i'm not to sure on the size of the brakes, could be an option.

and there are people with 250hp ke70's banging around on the standard ke70 diff, which is much weaker than a t series.

all depends if you drive like a wanker or not :)

But then what is the point in building an engine with that much power and then taking it easy so i don't break a diff. It's all about torque If i told you my mate broke the majority of his diff centres in 3rd gear than what just drive easy in 3rd. Ill have a think about it anyway and i guess ill see what is readily available. Thanks for the help anyway guys ill have a chat with a diff shop and see what they say to.

i don't care what gear he broke them in, i know how alot of guys drive and i understand entirely why they can break 10 of something and someone with more power can drive faster and break less.

thats up to you to decide how your going to drive it :)