New K-Series Fuel Pump?

john84ie

quick question.....

changing fuel pump on my 4k,the one i got from auto pro today is different...

theres 3 pipes on my standard on and only room for 2 on new one plus new one has a fitting not on original.

where it bolts on is the same though..should i bring it back or do i need to change shit and try get it fit??

IMG_7028.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Johnny that new pump you got is normal, have seen a few of those other ones though.

That metal pipe would normally just screw in, but its been hacked and rubber pipe added to fit the other pump.

Maybe ask one of the act boys for a new pipe.

I'd say the carbys wouldn't be happy without a return, even though they have new needles and seats. Would probably flood them.

Before when I said check for a restrictor, now that I think of it, its in the return (angled thingo you will have to screw in). When I got my new pump it was supplyed with a return that had a restrictor. You should probably drill it out? I always ran without one, on stocko and twin sideys.

Lol lol sorry I'm shit at explaining stuff.

Second pipe is your return, which goes to where that threaded hole in the pump is. There should be a fitting in the box to fit it. This will probably have a restrictor in it. Get restrictor out, get some sort of thread sealant, bung the fitting in and attach that second hose.

BOOM