Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Strut Housings

Featured Replies

How/what is measured to determine if a O.D. strut housing is SR5 50mm or not SR5 45mm? I ask in relation to ordering a Coilover Conversion Kit, 71-73 Toyota Corolla (Front) from ground control.

Simple, measure the Outside Diameter! Get yourself some cheap plastic verniers if you don't already have some, it will make it simple. If you have a domestic 71-73 then it's highly likely you have small struts, but you will want to check before ordering.

  • Author

Ok thanks, also any suggestions for a spring rate? appox 800kg, rough gravel driving.

Find some AE86 struts to do a coilover conversion on. There is a better range of shocks available so suit AE86 struts, with the option to cut the strut down to fit shorter shocks.

Yeah I should have added that as well.

 

If you've got the 44mm struts, upgrade to something 51mm. Getting decent shocks for the smaller strut is near impossible and would make the trouble of a coil over conversion not worth it. If you've got 51mm then you're a lot better off.

 

I'm experimenting with spring rates myself at the moment. I'm going by the AE86 Rally setup in the Corolla Bible and an old Escort rally prep manual. At the moment I'm going for around 110lb/in in the front of my khana car for reasonably well graded gravel. I intend to try around 140-150lb/in at some stage. According the the Escort prep manual 145lb/in is the go for a general loose surface spring.

 

I've not tried them yet though, so that could be crap :)

Edited by snot35

Be careful. I'm not sure where you are (?), but if you are in the US or ordering from the US, your struts may well be different to what we have in Australia?

 

Measure what you have and make sure you know what you are ordering.

  • Author

The Vehicle is a Australian delivered 68 ke10, ke20 struts fitted. I already have koni red adjustable's and would like to work with them for now. I will measure OD and e mail ground control to confirm the compatibility.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.