Sr20 Challenge

abbott

dear fellow rollaclubbers. been discussing with a mate about building a shitbox rally car on a budget. we discussed options both toyota and non Toyota. we both wanted to do an engine conversion for the invaluable experience and just bit more interesting. finally we came to the conclusion sr20 into ke70 for a few reasons.

these being, huge range of aftermarket parts, it's gonna involve a bit of fab work, wiring and fuel systems etc.

plus it's been done enough before and there is plenty of information out there and people to give advise.

now the questions I bring is how cheap does everyone think we can complete the conversion and I don't mean how long is a piece of string cause I'm not worried about losing money. I just wanna benchmark to try and beat for fun and a challenge.

plan is non turbo sr20 into a ke70 or ae71. gonna run stock diff to start off with.

I'm not sure if this thread makes sense so let me know.

cheers Tom

Members dont see this ad
how long is a piece of string

Double from middle to the end!!!

I know shops that 'did' the conversion, and complianced for 6k, all supplied

so i would envision 3k would be a steady approach to have it going for the purpose you intend,

that is turbo engine, so thats a good figure