My New Ke70 :-))))

japclassics

After selling my TE71 & AE82 and leaving myself with my KE10 (1970) which needs restoration I had nothing to drive and that drove me to DEPRESSION :-/

So I guessed id never come across another one for some time...

Then to my surprise 2 days ago I got a call from a lad in Norwich here in England asking if I was after a 'Toyota Corolla 1982' after I asked him what chassis coding it was he wasnt sure but said it was a RWD.... It could only be a KE70 DX or GL...i assumed

So after further questions it turned out it was a KE70 GL model .. ;D

Defo what I was looking for....

He told me one prev owner for 29 years & usual story old & retired from Driving.. He bought the car in April got it Taxed & Mot'd for the year and drove it to work and back ...

46k on clock :-))))))))))))))

Inside is immaculate & rear seats never sat in.. front seat have covers and the seats are the velour type and amazingly clean..

As its the 'GL' model it came with the face lift Black Bumpers as opposed to the Chrome Bumper Model (which i do prefer) but hey !! Beggars can't be choosers...

So anyway I said I wanted it.. Did the deal over the phone and Jumped on a plane this Morning from Manchester to Norwich, he met me at the airport (Nice Guy) did the deal and I left there at 9am & drove back 209 miles and arrived home at 1245 :-))))

Cruising at around 70-75.... She did well....

So I am a proud new owner of yet another KE70 (Ive had 7 in the past 4 years) and this baby is ready to drive :-)))))

One more fact about this one.... It came from the same Toyota Showroom (Tuckswood Motor Company) as my TE71 and has the sticker in its rear window...

Without further ado...

Here she is :-)))))

220920114445.jpg

Edited by japclassics

Members dont see this ad

Ok so today finally after my long busy day yesterday… I thought id get a good look at my KE70. First gave it a good wash then started to look around for rusty areas and only found on bottom front edge of drivers door, front lower edge of driver wing, both rear arches had rust flaking through on the inside. Passenger side of rear lower panel had surface rust & very little on the corner of passenger side rear corner. Front driver side Headlamp Lens was cracked and I took it off completely as it was a wee bit dangerous…

Bumpers on these rot like F*&% & these were remarkably overrated.

But all in all I was impressed as there was no sign of any welding anywhere…

Sills were in fact amazingly solid…

Inside I took off the seat covers and to my amazement again the passenger seat looked as though it had never been sat in, along with the rear seats….. In fact the driver seat seemed to be the only used in the past 29 years .. Anyway the seat covers had to come out and replaced with my Black TRD Toyota ones I took from my old TE71 Corolla .. Now the floor mats were of 4 different types of carpet.. hahaha! They came out and replaced with 4 Heavy Duty Genuine Toyota Mats 

Checked the engine bay out and was happy 

Rear inside of boot…. Well I was shocked !!!

Unbelievable In Fact !!! Rear shocker area very clean…….

I found an old First Aid Kit.. Had to throw it away as it expired in 1996…. Inside there was a Carpet  very neatly cut out and shaped very well, under the carpet was the original cover in 100% overrated Condition..  Then to my amazement when I took the cover out there appeared a Brand New Unused Tyre That Looked As Though It Hadn’t Ever Been Taken Out  WOW! Further to my delight I looked at the Tool Kit & Jack & They Were Brand Spanking New…….. The Boot Floor Pan was in amazing shape so to the Bootlid itself….

Anyway finally some more fotos from today :-)

Interior...

230920114461.jpg

230920114471.jpg

230920114454.jpg

230920114453.jpg

230920114488.jpg

230920114487.jpg

230920114489.jpg

Thats in really good condition, suprisingly for a car exposed to salted roads and cold

climates it has little rust compare to the ones here in Australia. Best thing is to jump on it straight away and prevent it from spreading. If theres something I really like its originality, and this has a whole lot of it :):y: I have an original low km ke70 also.

Keep up the good work mate!

whats your plans with it mate?

Because its so original I don't want to do anything but keep it as is....

Thats in really good condition, suprisingly for a car exposed to salted roads and cold

climates it has little rust compare to the ones here in Australia. Best thing is to jump on it straight away and prevent it from spreading. If theres something I really like its originality, and this has a whole lot of it :):y: I have an original low km ke70 also.

Keep up the good work mate!

And yes you are right ... In England if its not rusty it aint normal..lol..

But forget that, a week later look what I found!!!!!

The Brown one above....